Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    VCDS = Vag Com Diagnostics System

Where are you based? I have it but I don't know how local you are.

I had issues with my battery at first (also exide) but my car is considerably older (2004).

Audi should have done it correctly at least and ensured that it was compatible if you had it done at audi.

0 0 0

2. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well they said they set it up and coded it so hopefully.

Im in derbyshire. Someone already tried vag com in sure.

The start stop wws a problem before the exide battery

0 0 0

3. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Fair distance. I'm from Lincolnshire.

Yeah vcds is useful for so many things. Reading active data, diagnostics and adaption/coding. Enabling features that might not necessarily have been activated but installed, for example the blip blip when locking/unlocking the car. Auto locking when driving above 15mph and auto unlock when removing the key from the ignition.

Also retrofitting newer features on older cars. It also gives information about modules which can help you locate parts cheaper sometimes.

Judging by the sound of what they said it seems to be the harness because there's no communication to both the generator and the battery control module they go hand in hand. It's no surprise that they expected you to throw money on parts in hoping that it would fix it.

You say your a3 is 2010? I'll see if I can find a part number and search up a price to make sure they're not overcharging you.

0 0 0

4. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi thank you so much. Yes a3 sport tdi 2010.

Its not too far prob hour or so.

Its £140 odd labour which is more than the part. Its just crazy. Just want it sorting hate things not being right.

Only had it 4 months and had issues from day 1 they had to give me 500 back to have something done after few days so im just so disappointed

Thanks so much for your help i really do appreciate it.

0 0 0

5. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    That's a good thing at least they gave something back.

It's certainly all connected. You say they've already replaced the battery voltage regulator? Or the battery control module?

Did the mechanic provide you with the full log of faults?

There's a lot of fitments of particular parts, many are very specific even down to the part number ending character.

Just trying my best to help

0 0 0

6. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They have changed the battery monitoring unit not the regulator. This is confusinh with the names of them lol

The 1st time i had it yes. With Audi no.

I asked and they wouldnt give the part number. They gave a written report where the one before was a proper print out x

0 0 0

7. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Shame, you have a right to that information after all you've paid for the service.

It can be confusing but both are correlated albeit two different parts.
    Audi and their infinite wisdom seem to think that adding more and more functions that aren't necessarily practical as such only add more problems and more ways for them to take money from people like us.

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of it. Have they quoted you a price for the harness replacement?

0 0 0

8. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I cant find how to attach pics.

0 0 0

9. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I know im really annoyed she was being rather vague and i told her that too. I said my previous diagnostic was more indepth. I may ring back and say i want the full print out cos they are withelding it tbh all to prevent me going elsewhere by knowing the exact item no.

She just said harness and thats it.

To fix it all with labour its over £200 i dont have the exact amount until i get home.

Its just not fair they are overcharging and the diagnostic was £60 and as you said i should have the paperwork.

Thanks again

0 0 0

10. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I don't think you can on mobile, on laptop/PC you can click the image icon on the bar but you have to upload them to somewhere like postimg.org.

Failing that you can email them I'll pm my email address. Or not it won't let me 😕

0 0 0

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast