1. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I have had similar problems with my current BMW X1 (for another 2 weeks). The stop/start works occasionally but not all the time. I mentioned it at the first service and they kept it overnight to fully charge the battery and it worked for a few weeks. The dealer said that as I drive mostly local, the battery never gets fully charged although I drove from Co Durham to Devon and back and it was only towards the end when it decided to work. I still have never got to the root of the problem as the dealer just blamed my short journeys, even though all the loan cars they gave me (all autos) were if anything too sensitive and stopped even when I didn't want it to. In the end I just accepted it as a bonus when it worked. My main concern was that the battery was on its way out.
    i know this doesn't answer your question, but it could be just down your journey type. Has it ever worked?

0 0 0

2. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No hun its never worked. Well not in 4 months anyway the only time it does work is if i stall the car. So its very strange tbh. Im hoping that this rectifies it and if it doesnt then ive no clue lol

But i will update once i get it sorted if the warranty agree to it. I have to call them in the morning.

Its so frustrating eh although im wondering if it does get fixed i will regret it as ive heard it can be a pain. But i do have the option to switch it off if i do.
    😀

0 1 0

3. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    If mine stalls (and it does quite easily if you try to pull away in 2nd) dipping the clutch will start the engine again. The easiest way to stop it cutting in (when it works) is to keep your foot on the clutch at traffic lights. This won't work though when I get my A3 next month as it is an auto. I will have to adapt my driving style to suit I suppose.

0 0 0

4. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    There are a number of things that can result in no communication with a control module, connector/wiring or faulty module.

Did the mechanic test the module? Did they also test the alternator? It's all connected. I would also recommend having the battery tested as even new batteries can be faulty. Sometimes the cells become damaged in transit.

Electrical faults are the worst to diagnose but we'll do our best to help

0 0 0

5. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi

They have said they need an harness...can i ask please if a battery regulation control unit is the same as a control module for battery monitoring?
    The control module was changed and the code went off then when driven came back on and didnt rectify the issue so i want to make sure they infact different parts.

The harness which they described as wiring basically is what they are sayin overall they need.

Im so so stressed with this and its goin to cost me 140 quid on top of the 60 i already paod for diagnosis so i want to make sure its right.

Im so thankful for your help i could literally cry as the warranty company have said they wont cover it as its not on their list grrrr

So basically i need to firstly know if they are different parts lol thank you in advance xx

0 0 0

6. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    3 faults came up previous i dont know if it will help.
    02071 local databus 012 electrical fault in circuit

02252 generator 004 no signal/communication

00458 control module for battery monitoring (J367) it also says this on another page. 03406 control module for battery monitoring...004 no signal/communication

And on another page says

Battery regul. Status. Cannot be reached 1100

Maybe this will help more i dont know.
    Oh and CAN gateway status. Malfunction 0010
    Auto HVAC status malfunction 0010

0 0 0

7. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry me again. The warranty say its not on their list can anyone confirm exactly what the part is classed as cos im sure it should be covered. Thanks.

0 0 0

8. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    No need to apologise .

Unfortunately the warranties are pretty much useless they cover the basics alone under 6k miles/time period whichever comes first, and rarely cover the cost of parts. Only in exceptional circumstances.

Replacement Parts Warranty

All Audi Original replacements parts carry a warranty for a period of two-years/unlimited mileage from the date of purchase. Items with warranties
    in excess of two years will be advised to you at the time of purchase. The two-year warranty does not apply to parts fitted under the terms of the vehicle warranty,
    which are warranted for the remaining period of the vehicle warranty.

The Wear and Tear and Service Adjustment policies applicable to new vehicles also apply to Parts Warranty.

Source

It really would be helpful to know someone locally that has VCDS because it will save this massive headache between forking out for diagnostics which isn't really diagnostics anymore,
    they just connect the computer to the on board diagnostics and read out any stored faults, without actually delving into why these faults occur which is what diagnostics should cover.
    Audi being Audi charge more than independent mechanics albeit still costly and much more favourable to know someone relatively locally with VCDS and the trips between the mechanics
    that are supposed to find out the problem instead of throwing parts at the car charging you an arm and a leg and hoping it'll fix the problem. Anywho, I hope this information
    is of any help.

02252 - Generator
    004 - No Signal/Communication

00458 - Control Module for Battery Monitoring (J367)
    004 - No Signal/Communication
    Without proper communication to the above, the Gateway can not properly handle the Generator and Battery functions.

- You should verify you have the correct battery, the stock battery can be found by VIN decoder or vehicle build sticker
    - You can use non OEM/Audi batteries, I find that using a battery from Audi is best because the Gateway controller will know that battery by part number and that was what the vehicle systems were designed around.
    - sad how they try to prevent aftermarket parts so much

- You will then need to teach the Gateway the new battery when these faults have been corrected.

Battery Adaption

- Next you will need to evaluate the status of the LIN-Bus for the Gateway controller, this can be done by looking at Measuring Value Block group [006]
    Here you will find the following:

Generator Communication Status and Battery Sensor (J367) Communication Status

- If you find a value of (1) - this indicates there is LIN-Bus communication at this time, a value of (0) means no signal/communication with that component.
    Which will indicate a fault in the wiring.

- You can also view some information about the Generator within the Advanced Measuring Values when connected to the 01-Engine.
    Select the following:
    066 - Generator power (watts)
    067 - Generator load signal (%)
    181 - Supply voltage Terminal 30 (volts)

Failing that the harness replacement to locate and help inspect the wiring harness, connections and components for any concerns.

Let me know how it goes

Side note:
    - Auto HVAC is to do with climate control/aircon, would need more info about the fault to be of any help.
    - CAN Gateway status is difficult to say without anymore information.

0 0 0

9. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I feel really disappointed with it tbh when i paid extra for extended warranty. I wont be renewing it that is a fact.

Whats a VCDS? shout out to anyone who as one or knows of anyone reading this please heeelp lol

I have had a brand new exide battery but on and coded. Audi also recoded it and adapted it aswell so that should be ok. Well it wants to be for £160! Thanks x

0 0 0

10. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Did you see my message about the difference in module battery monitor and the battery regulator? As im wanted to confirm if the are the same part or not.

Thanks

0 0 0

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast