1. data inside subscription 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Has anyone signed up to a data inside subscription? I got the tech pack and I know the 17 model comes with a 3 year subscription anyway but I noticed that if like me you use Napster you need to use audi mmi phone app plus napster on phone and connect via local network. but as my phone is now connected to a wan with internet it automatically tries to use the wan for internet not the phones data so the only way I could get it to work was buy a months subscription after which it immediatly worked!
    Now the month is up I'm toying with buying a year plan unless their is a better way which is annoying as I have 5gb on phone I seldom use! I obviously want to use the audi plan for google maps.... as ive paid for 3 years data as part of tech pack.
    It seems Napster data isn't included in the included data plan which is fair enough.

1 0 0

2. Re: data inside subscription 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muumipeikko View Post
    Has anyone signed up to a data inside subscription?
    Isn't data inside's plan is ridiculously expensive for no such valid reason? Get a sim from a different provider and lot of them do a 12 month expiry pre-paid SIM.
    I found this is promising: Three Pay As You Go Trio Data SIM Preloaded with 12 GB: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

-S

0 0 0

3. Re: data inside subscription 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    The problem with datainside is its a platitum service when in the uk we probably only need a iron one. Its a European wide plan but how often do we take the car to Europe!
    It's difficult as the yearly difference is £60 for 24gb and part of me says just pay up and you wont be spending hours trying to get this working but the other side is saying £130/year for napster data is a joke you need to find a more savey way to solve this issue.
    I'll maybe buy the 3 SIM of others have got it workiing as worse case is an evening and 30 quid lost

0 0 0

4. Re: data inside subscription 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Does Napster not work if you set the car to hotspot client and connect to the phone for data? That way phone and car use the phones plan?
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

5. Re: data inside subscription 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srbsq7 View Post
    Does Napster not work if you set the car to hotspot client and connect to the phone for data? That way phone and car use the phones plan?
    How do you set the car as the client? And does it work when phone is in CarPlay mode?

-S

0 0 0

6. Re: data inside subscription 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    I don’t think CarPlay will have any affect as that’s all via usb. Client mode is in the connection settings but now I think about it, I think you need to enable it on MY17 & 18 cars. Let me see if I can bump the thread if I can find it!
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

7. Re: data inside subscription 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    See the connecting to home Wi-fi thread.
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0