Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I buy bananas from the banana shop.

I used to buy bright yellow bananas, but gave up doing that. By the time you've got home, your bright yellow bananas will have gone spotty and soft, and in the final part of the journey you will have been hotly pursued by a small cloud of fruit flies which have been attracted by the unmistakeable smell of putrefying banana wafting from your carrier bag.

I don't like bananas which have gone so soft that you can break off the end and squeeze out the contents like toothpaste.

I like my bananas to be firm. I like to be able to unpeel it, and have the fruit inside remain erect, and for it not to subside like a post-coital todger and then fall soggily on to the floor.

I've tried buying unripe bananas. Green bananas. That way they last a bit longer - only a few hours, usually - but what happens if you are smitten with an insatiable craving for a banana before they have ripened?

You might as well try to eat a wooden tent peg.

And even that's assuming you can prise it from its Mil-spec Aerospace-grade Multi-role combat skin.

So you leave them for a little while to ripen.

You watch them carefully, checking their colour and gently palpating them from time to time in the hope of discovering the optimum moment to snap one from the bunch, lasciviously unpeel it, and enjoy its tropical rudenesses.

You might think you could do that. You might keep a security camera trained on your bananas, and watch them like a hawk-eyed security guard for that elusive moment of ripeness.

But you will miss it.

You will.

Your attention will slip for a moment. You may sneeze, or you may look away for a split second.

And in that split second, your bananas will go black and turn to mush.

I love a banana, but they are a very trying fruit.

2 3 0

2. Re: Bananas - is it them, or me? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You need to buy them unripe first! Not too green, just green enough. Never buy too many in one go either. We all love bananas, but you have to be patient

0 0 0

3. Re: Bananas - is it them, or me? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Bananas - is it them, or me?

Sounds like its you Phutters old friend.
    NOW GONE 2007 A6 2.7TDi Avant Le Mans Edition (180)

Mods:- ECU Remap, Rear Air Suspension, Rear Led Lights, Rear View Camera, Rear Privacy Glass, Titanium wheels, Colour Coded Fog Light Surrounds, FBMFSW, AMI, DAB, Chrome S6 pedals, Front Grille De-chrome, window surround de-chrome.

0 0 0

4. Re: Bananas - is it them, or me? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I like bananas but Mrs Crasher won't buy them because she has read too many stories of big hairy jumping spiders. Siders she hates, spider that jump, well....
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Bananas - is it them, or me? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    Well we had a power cut this morning.

My PC, TV, DVD, shut down.

Then I discovered that my phone and tablet batteries were dead.

To top it off, it was raining so I couldn’t go for a walk, bike, or run.

The garage door opener needed electricity so I couldn’t go anywhere in the car.

I went to the kitchen to make coffee and then remembered this also needed power, so I sat and talked with the wife for a while.

She seems like a nice person
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 1 0

6. Re: Bananas - is it them, or me? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    What, a "conversation"?, like in books or in films? Mrs Crasher has been, Mrs Crasher for 26 years and I still don't know her first name......
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 0 0

7. Re: Bananas - is it them, or me? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    Apparently mine's called Alexandra, which is nice!
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

1 0 0

8. Re: Bananas - is it them, or me? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Keep your banana away from the other fruit as its will ripen that super fast and turn it to mush too.

Bananas are the devil in the fruit bowl!!!

0 0 0

9. Re: Bananas - is it them, or me? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    No tomatoes are the enemy, they are a fruit but other fruit hate them so much (Kiwi fruit have a particular repugnance for tomatoes) they made tomatoes go to the vegetable rack where people turn them into purée for slathering on pizza or Tomato soup which is the appetiser of the Devil himself….

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: Bananas - is it them, or me? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think it's you friend. you have to buy the bananas with a bit of green at the tip of it. It will give you enough time so it will be perfectly ripe when you get home. Not mushy.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________
    Pest Control washington DC

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast