Notices

User Tag List

Thread: No petrol or diesel cars from 2040.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. No petrol or diesel cars from 2040. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Don't quite see how this is going to work with present technology, still, I'm off to buy shares in lithium mining!
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 1 0

2. Re: No petrol or diesel cars from 2040. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Neodymium mining and Graphene R&D… trust me

0 1 0

3. Re: No petrol or diesel cars from 2040. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Typical reaction from the government to make them sound like they are doing something. I don't think they have thought it through. Where will the electricity to charge the batteries come from? What happens to all the batteries after they no longer hold their charge? Where is the billions of pounds that currently comes from fuel and road tax going to come from? I know. They will increase the tax on electricity!

0 1 0

4. Re: No petrol or diesel cars from 2040. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Horrendous idea considering the power companies are scared of a cold winter as they can only just make enough electricity!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 1 0

5. Re: No petrol or diesel cars from 2040. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I saw somebody from the national grid or somewhere saying that wouldn't be a problem as they will be using wind power? Where are all these wind farms going to be? Every time they try to build a new one the locals object.
    Plus, where are all the charging points going to be? Council tax will have to go up to pay for them I suppose!

0 1 0

6. Re: No petrol or diesel cars from 2040. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    And its all a typical reaction by people just reading the paper or tinerweb. The proposal is actually no CONVENTIONAL petrol or diesel cars to be sold from 2040, i.e non hybrid types, so stop panicking and get back to taking off your DPF's and blanking the EGR on your dirty diesels...
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 2 0

7. Re: No petrol or diesel cars from 2040. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    But I wanted a V8 mobility scooter!
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 1 0

8. Re: No petrol or diesel cars from 2040. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whippy53 View Post
    But I wanted a V8 mobility scooter!
    As long as it's a hybrid you'll be fine ��

0 1 0

9. Re: No petrol or diesel cars from 2040. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    I’m never confident that anything a sitting government proposes will actually ever happen, but even if it does, it’s over 22 years away and the technical side of things is pretty much outside of their remit... thankfully. I believe we are 2-3 years away from a dramatic improvement in battery and (more importantly) charging technology. With a massively improved KERS and an incredibly low emission hybrid setup (not banned in the proposal) I don’t see there will be a huge problem with the technical side. By 2040, electric vehicles will do a much better job of charging themselves and use far less power in the first place. Electric only vehicles will pull into a car park/driveway for embedded wireless charging or plug in for a full charge that takes less time than filling up with conventional fuel.

It’s now very likely that over the coming years diesel (and eventually petrol) vehicles will gradually be taxed into extinction for the average user. This measured increase in power demands will be gradual and even if for some reason power generation technology didn’t advance market forces will demand more creation.

All guesswork obviously, but I’m most confident of the treasury’s ability to adjust taxing to accommodate any disruptive technology. For us car enthusiasts this might seem quite alien, but I think there is a strong possibility of car ownership becoming more of a hobby in 20-30 years. A human driving somewhere will become leisure activity

0 1 0

10. Re: No petrol or diesel cars from 2040. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fest0r View Post
    I believe we are 2-3 years away from a dramatic improvement in battery and (more importantly) charging technology.
    Unless a transition to 800v systems is made, battery technology is going nowhere
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast