1. Air suspension wabco compressor removal questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Hi, I'm trying to get the wabco compressor off my 2007 Allroad and having some issues. Can anyone tell me how the electrical connector in the bottom of the third pic releases? I've tried pushing it on and squeezing the side. Also levering it off with a screwdriver. Nothing I'm doing will make it budge so for sure there must be a knack to it.

Also the big black air pipe with the jubilee clip. I'm squeezing the clip but even so can't seem to pull the air pipe off. Seems like I can't get the compressor off the car without first removing these items. Any advice on approach appreciated.
    Attached Images
    2007 A6 Allroad 3.2 FSI Tiptronic (C6 pre-facelift) - left hand drive

0 0 0

2. Re: Air suspension wabco compressor removal questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi, the clip is a combination of pushing it , squeezing the tab then pulling. If it's never been off they can be a real pain in the **** to remove. Sometimes I've had to use a small flatbladed screwdriver to persuade the tab .

the base again can be a pain if it's never been off. I used the same driver and slightly flexed one edge then sprayed some good old wd40 in , twisted and pulled firmly but gently, if that makes sense.

0 0 0

3. Re: Air suspension wabco compressor removal questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Thanks jrenoc1 got it off in the end. Now I'm struggling with the t30 torx bolts seems there's always something which should be simple which I can't do...! Got one moving but the other is a little corroded and stuck solid. I only have t30 screwdriver bits and can't find a way to get a ratchet handle onto them for more leverage. A 7mm socket is too big, it slips on the bit. Need something like 6.8mm...

0 0 0

4. Re: Air suspension wabco compressor removal questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Next problem- one of the bolts has snapped leaving a stub in the hole. How would you get this out? I'm wondering about dremeling some flats onto the sides then using plumbers grips. Any better approach?
    Attached Images

0 0 0

5. Re: Air suspension wabco compressor removal questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Having reflected on it, I've decided to take it to a machine repair shop local to me. Better to get someone competent on the job.

0 0 0

6. Re: Air suspension wabco compressor removal questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    A decent pillar drill , a decent left handed drill would sort it however you're right a repair shop will do it nice and clean.

0 0 0

7. Re: Air suspension wabco compressor removal questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Definately the right move to take it to a repair shop - found a guy living 5 mins from me with a workshop like an aladdins cave of machine tools. He did the job while I waited, took about twenty minutes and looks good as new. What's more, he wouldn't take any money for it!! Now I'm happy as Larry and can get my car back together.
    Attached Images

0 0 0

8. Re: Air suspension wabco compressor removal questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Got it back together and back on the car ok. Only after soldering the compressor power wires back together did I give a thought to the fire risk of doing that, with all the oil around. Yikes. Lucky for me all seems to be working great and the car is going up and down like an elevator. Ok, that's an exaggeration but it's certainly going up to lift mode very fast compared to before where it would barely move from level 2 to 3 without trying three times.

i had good support from bagpipingandy via eBay messages and he was very patient with all my dumb questions, so buy those compressor repair kits with confidence!

overall, not an easy job for someone with my skill level, but I'm glad it's done.

0 0 0