Hi, I am sorry that i'm asking such a hard question as my first one.
2012 Seat Leon 1.6 Diesel doing my head in. The fault seemed straight forward to start off with. Basically no rear wiper, no washers , no power socket, no reverse light, main beam flashes but will not stay on, no air con fan. from memory thats the main complaints. I can turn on the said lights using my scan tool, but not using the switches on the dash. The X contact relay is not being energised, and if it is switched on by back probing at the central electric module, i get my air con and the power socket plus the rear wiper (not the washer) and some of the other lights. All these circuits are related to the central electrics (onboard power supply ) module. Also when the x contact relay is energised by me, and i try flashing the headlamps, the EML and DPF lights come on the cluster briefly as though ignition was turned off an on again, but only for those 2 warning lamps.the main beam does not stay on.

I tested the wiring to the module and it all seems ok. The power socket flashes on and off again very quickly as the x contact relay kind of switches on/off for about a quarter of a second.

I fitted and coded a known good central electrical module but no difference.

What im thinking is, could there be a fault in the steering column module for example. i notice when i read the live data in there it knows that the headlamps are switched onto main beam or dip, yet there is no main beam coming on outside the car. Main beam will work if instructed to by the scan tool in central electrics.

I could be on the wrong path altogether. Sometimes a problem shared is a problem halved.

All advice appreciated.