1. "Voluntary" emissions software update Audi V6 / V8 diesels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I saw this headline in Autocar yesterday so it might be too early for any details to have yet emerged, but have any owners been contacted already or know any more? Just about to take delivery of a 66 plate Avant with the 272ps engine and the last thing I want to be dealing with is the running problems owners of the smaller diesels have been experiencing post modification. I understand it's going to be a voluntary change but would imagine it would be an automatic upgrade at service time? I thought the price I got it for was too good to be true....

0 0 0

2. Re: "Voluntary" emissions software update Audi V6 / V8 diesels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    You could buy an OBD. Lock , that would stop them!

0 0 0

3. Re: "Voluntary" emissions software update Audi V6 / V8 diesels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Good idea , that would stop two types of retarded entities from messing with your car .

0 1 0

4. Re: "Voluntary" emissions software update Audi V6 / V8 diesels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No infomation on what this upgrade will do apart from improve emmissions
    I would guess it must make the air fuel mix leaner - it is unlikely that the engine will have the same charecteristics afterwards
    I have been researching rolling roads wih the idea to get a report before the upgrade and one immediately afterwards and then have some basis/data for complaint if it becomes an issue.
    Rolling roads businesses often do not seem to have positive reviews from past customers and I do wonder how such a report would be viewed by Audi or anyone else.
    Any views on this?
    2011 3.0 TDi Quattro 245 - Tech pack - rear camera - Stronic - heated steering wheel - side lane assist - ambient light - speedlimit display -advanced key

0 0 0

5. Re: "Voluntary" emissions software update Audi V6 / V8 diesels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Unless Audi shows you the recall and what it alters on the ECU, you can only guess.
    Alan.

A6 Avant (C7) 3.0 TFSI Quattro S-Tronic
    APR St1 Custom Exhaust - now gone
    VW T6 150 DSG Camper £££

0 0 0

6. Re: "Voluntary" emissions software update Audi V6 / V8 diesels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    If it is the same as the 4 cylinder cars (I have two, a Skoda Superb and a Rapid, both 2015 cars) then you do not have to have it done, the dealer, if they are like mine will ask you if you want it done, if you say no then they get you to sign a form and that is that, as far as I am aware it will not be done without your say so...

Saying that I have not refused even though both mine are now available, I have a fantastic relationship with my dealer so I just said "not yet" ... I do know a few that have had it done and it has made no difference to the cars.. Chris one of the team is one of them...

What you need to think about is they are doing cars which are almost 10 years old, they will already have hidden, or not so hidden faults BEFORE the update, they then either appear worse or magically appear. after they update is done..Cars that age could have 100K miles plus, be badly maintained, and have issues already.. but all the honest owners will not say "my car is knackered" before they have it done... Just think all the compensation companies and the money grabbing owners rubbing there hands together would have no case if they found nothing wrong... they HAVE to find a problem even if it was there before the update just gives them an excuse...

I would also thing that a "66" reg would be EU6 which I did not think was involved anyway, it was EU5 cars that had the issue... both mine are towards the end of EU5 ...
    Stuart l VWAudi Forum
    VW Audi Forum - Founder
    Member of the Institute Of Advanced Motorists
    Member of BMW Car Club GB
    - Email: stuart@vwaudiforum.co.uk -

If you need a Part, a Garage, a Tuning Company, or even an Official Dealer the please visit
    our Supporting Companies They are all there to help by offering advice and products or services..."You support them - They Support us"

Ways to support the website

Details of the VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme, See Here

If you like the site and you would like to donate please click here and use the PayPal button on the right hand side

Please Note: PLEASE DO NOT Email or PM me with any vehicle related technical questions. I am not qualified to give that sort of advice, please ask the experts we have on the forum.

0 0 0

7. Re: "Voluntary" emissions software update Audi V6 / V8 diesels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    EU6 cars are definitely not involved as they require AdBlue etc.

0 0 0

8. Re: "Voluntary" emissions software update Audi V6 / V8 diesels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for all the replies. I've contacted the dealer in the meantime and told them I don't want any update done which they've confirmed they won't before I pick the car up next Monday. Interestingly, Autocar are reporting today that Germany are threatening to deregister cars that don't any have relevant emissions upgrades done.....
    I knew about the whole Dieselgate thing before I bought the car but reckon the whole thing will settle down and prices for diesel cars seem to be dropping: my 66 plate 272ps Avant with 19 in alloys, leather, tech pack in Suba Blue with 4,500 was just over £30K. Seemed like a good deal to me

0 0 0

9. Re: "Voluntary" emissions software update Audi V6 / V8 diesels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    I would still think a car this age should be EU6 not EU5 which was the engines with the issues, unless it is an earlier car registered late... If you PM me the registration or the VIN I will check for you...

I can also email some spec details
    Stuart l VWAudi Forum
    VW Audi Forum - Founder
    Member of the Institute Of Advanced Motorists
    Member of BMW Car Club GB
    - Email: stuart@vwaudiforum.co.uk -

If you need a Part, a Garage, a Tuning Company, or even an Official Dealer the please visit
    our Supporting Companies They are all there to help by offering advice and products or services..."You support them - They Support us"

Ways to support the website

Details of the VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme, See Here

If you like the site and you would like to donate please click here and use the PayPal button on the right hand side

Please Note: PLEASE DO NOT Email or PM me with any vehicle related technical questions. I am not qualified to give that sort of advice, please ask the experts we have on the forum.

0 0 0

10. Re: "Voluntary" emissions software update Audi V6 / V8 diesels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the offer but at this stage I'd rather not know: if it turns out to be an early car registered late I'm going to be so p****d off.....In the meantime, ignorance is bliss!

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast