1. Touran tailgate lock 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My vw touran 58 tailgate lock recently does not like to open, whenever after I unlock the car and I press to unlock it wont open and other times it does.

0 0 0

2. Re: Touran tailgate lock 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    could be the actual lock or wiring to it.id check wiring first. make sure your screen wash is not leaking near the locking mechanism. there is an emergency way of opening the boot from the inside if you need it.

0 0 0

3. Re: Touran tailgate lock 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine has the same problem. There is an emergency lever behind the emergency triangle and I was able to open it. Than removed the hard cover to reach wiring but cant find anything wrong .Also the back wiper works but not the water pump to wash the rare windshield ???

0 0 0

4. Re: Touran tailgate lock 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I've got one that did the same, started by not unlocking and then moved to completely open as in it would not close and hold itself shut at all.

I took the lock unit out to see if anything was wrong in there and one of the physical flags that tells the vehicle logic that the tailgate is unlocked had broken off,
    This allows the lock solenoid to fire to one end of it's travel and not return. As far as I can see you'd need to replace this whole unit to make it work again.
    Mine, I just disconnected the electric plug and put some para-cord on the emergency lever so that you can only open the tailgate from inside. I know this is not
    a great solution but the tailgate was left open on holiday about 800miles away so I just had to make it close, never bothered to fix it since.

0 0 0

5. Re: Touran tailgate lock 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you...I was reading other topics and figure out I might need micro switch unit .I also put a small handle on the inside but its not very comfortable especially with a baby and my wife also driving the car.

0 0 0

6. Re: Touran tailgate lock 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This thread is from 2017 but I've just fixed my own Touran tailgate in 2018 and am posting in case it helps anyone else (I'm a 'lurker' trying to repay my debt to all the other posters !) .
    My 2006 Touran's tailgate has slowly started refusing to unlock itself... today it finally stopped unlocking altogether ... I could hear the lock/ solenoid mechanism doing something when I used the remote but it wouldn't unlock (I tried the remote many times , shutting all doors , pushing the tailgate shut with my bum, banging the area where I thought the lock was etc etc ... nothing worked)
    Fixed it by folding rear seats ... crawling into the 'boot' and removing the emergency triangle (which is in a compartment in the rear door just near to the numberplate).... I then sprayed in WD40 in all directions through the various openings in the plastic inside the emergency triangle compartment.... a few minutes later the rear door opened and I then sprayed WD40 into the mechanism that actually hooks onto the metal bracket at the bumper ... after this the unlocking was perfect.

0 0 0