1. Re: Oil change interval PD 130 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    My golf requires 504/507 which is only available in 5W - 30 grade due to the Particulate filter .20L would last me nearly 5 years ! What's the shelf life ?
    MK6 Golf SE 1.6TDI 105bhp winter pack ,sunroof , full size alloy spare wheel, flat tyre indicator
    Skoda Octavia II SE 1.9PD TDI
    VW 1302LS Beetle Karmann Cabriolet 1971 1584cc

0 0 0

2. Re: Oil change interval PD 130 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    6 years is recommended .

0 0 0

3. Re: Oil change interval PD 130 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by negev View Post
    My car has 149k on the clock, it's an AWX 1.9 PD.
    It was on longlife servicing before I got it, so I'm staying with the longlife oil but shortening the service intervals. What is the recommended interval for a car that makes a lot of short trips? I drive 10 miles to work, occasionally do some long motorway runs but mostly it's just pottering around locally.
    10k miles seems a bit extreme for this kind of service, would 5k be sufficient using longlife oil or should I go shorter?
    Thanks
    You don't have to think about your driving style and conditions because engine computer automatically tracks this information when you are under flexible service intervals.

Recommended oil change interval is up to 2 years or 30000miles, or when the service light comes which automatically takes your driving conditions into consideration. As a matter of fact, longlife servicing is a misnomer. It is longlife oil. Servicing is actually called flexible service interval. In my opinion should have been called smart service interval because engine computer calculates when the oil change should be made based your driving conditions. Including length of your journeys, oil temperature and level, if you are driving economically or not etc.

Meaning, effectively the service time is shorter when it is needed. How computer calculates this is explained at official VW documentation here -> http://www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/ssp/SSP_224.pdf
    Flexible intervals are also briefly explained here: Ross-Tech: VAG-COM: VW Service Interval Reminders

0 0 0

4. Re: Oil change interval PD 130 
    From - Walney Island, Cumbria, Live in: Larkhill, Wiltshire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Anyone that leaves it that long between an oil change on a PD engine is frankly, a naive idiot. Change a couple of camshafts on cars with a “Flexible Service Interval” sticker in the passenger door and they’ll know exactly what I mean.

Should be done at a maximum of 10k miles IMO. I’ve had the issue first hand of what the LongLife option does to PD engines. And done a few others as well.

54 Passat Wagon PD175
    99’ Audi S4 Avant 2.7 QTO

0 1 0

5. Re: Oil change interval PD 130 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I guess a lot of drivers are naive and believe the long life bull crap.. Even the lads in vw always told customers not to bother with it.Be safe it is easy to change oil on these cars 6000k+bosch filter ,255 000miles on clock not a problem! Actually engine oil last few 1000KM it drastically loses its ability to lubricate, there was this one Russian guy on youtube that proved it pretty scientifically and with massive tests. Vw oil wasn't the best but it still scored pretty good!

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12