1. Q7 272 Mpg 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Anyone here able to comfortably achieve 48mpg (UK) or more on a motorway? See discussion on Audiworld:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...di-q7-2922708/

I’m looking more like 36-38mpg on average and low 40’s if I drive really slowly in a trucks slipstream!
    Former Q7 owner

1 1 0

2. Re: Q7 272 Mpg 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srbsq7 View Post
    Anyone here able to comfortably achieve 48mpg (UK) or more on a motorway? See discussion on Audiworld:

I’m looking more like 36-38mpg on average and low 40’s if I drive really slowly in a trucks slipstream!
    #agree. . .. I'm going to say it again not feeling how a lighter Q7 is barely or only marginally (if that) better than a comparative outgoing model at least practically.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

0 1 0

3. Re: Q7 272 Mpg 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Euro 6

0 1 0

4. Re: Q7 272 Mpg 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Carbon Emissions, Fuel efficiency , Euro 6 ..all tick boxes for regulatory conformity .. all the same to me if it don't translate to me in real terms with the many dollars in the pocket

Would be interested to know what a comparative 5 year cost Inc any battery issues on the etron would be discounting the initial investment of course.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

5. Re: Q7 272 Mpg 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)
    When I got mine last year, I did south coast to Glasgow. Set the cruise control to 56 mph and in Efficiency mode and averaged nearly 60 mpg on the motorway. I tend to leave it in Efficency mode nearly all the time, which reduces the mpg effect of the A/C and returns around 40 mpg. That's real gallons too; 20 fluid ounces per pint, 8 pints per gallon (568ml x 8 for those using Napoleon's measuring system)

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk
    Q7 3.0 TDI Quattro (272 HP) S-Line
    (Gone) A6 C6 AVANT 2.7TDI SE MANUAL
    Hers - Mk. VII Golf '15' 2.0 TDI BlueMotion

0 1 0

6. Re: Q7 272 Mpg 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srbsq7 View Post

I regularly get 45 on a motorway run, but as soon as you hit stop start traffic or use the adaptive cruise then the mpg drops. I don't bother with Eco mode on the box, but run eco on the A/C once the car is near temperature.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

7. Q7 272 Mpg 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    So somewhere in some thread I took up the Shell challenge. That is to see what effect using VPower Diesel has vs. Using supermarket diesel.

I'm on my first tank having run the tank as dry as possible without breaking down - I'm sure it's in my head as shouldn't visibly see any difference yet but the car feels smoother at take off. I was starting to hear some of the old Diesel engine noise when moving off lights etc when engine was cold (and yes this was even in those hot days a few weeks back) - not all this week so far. Car at times felt sluggish on take off - again not so far this week.

Sure it's all in my head but spending the £7 more per tank (well this tank) if this is the difference it has then I'm sold.

Back to thread - yes there has been a marginal improvement in the mpg - same route, same traffic, same driving style...

Best seen on motorway was when my wife was driving where she got something like 46mpg or something silly (supermarket fuel) me...I struggle to get to 40mpg who knows what dizzy heights numbers could be seen with VPower added to motorways

0 1 0

8. Re: Q7 272 Mpg 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Worth noting that I have exclusively used v-power to date. BP Ultimate however should be another fair comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 1 0

9. Re: Q7 272 Mpg 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    I went for the 218 for fuel economy, three months in and it seems I am getting less than those with the 272... I'm lucky to get more than 36mpg on a long motorway journey. I don't mind too much as it's the same as my Q5 was, but would be nice to get more... my Dad has a 2015 Cayenne with a faster engine and his MPG is much better than mine, the Q is aluminium too!! Maybe it will improve as time goes on.

0 0 0

10. Re: Q7 272 Mpg 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    OK so my wife did the following road trip over the weekend: Edinburgh - Nairn - Elgin - Nairn - Aberdeen - Nairn - Edinburgh, about 550 miles, and got just over 40 mpg which is by far the best we've ever got. There are 60 mph average speed cameras for about 240 miles of that journey and the vast majority of it is on single carriageway...and my wife drives like an undertaker...but still quite impressive out of the big four litre V8!

MPG.jpg
    MY17 SQ7, Sepang Blue, 22s, and lots of toys.
    MY16 Passat Bluemotion GT, Reflex Silver, 19s, only a few toys.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast