1. Re: Questions for S6 owners 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks for that, I'm in a dilemma to be honest, the 5 series is a newer model so will undoubtedly be more up to date, it might make sense to pick that car up for three years by which time the C8 will be out and mature. My concern is the C7 S6 is a little 'dated' compared to the 5 series.

0 0 0

2. Re: Questions for S6 owners 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheroo View Post
    Thanks for that, I'm in a dilemma to be honest, the 5 series is a newer model so will undoubtedly be more up to date, it might make sense to pick that car up for three years by which time the C8 will be out and mature. My concern is the C7 S6 is a little 'dated' compared to the 5 series.

The MMI system may possibly be. The latest A4, A5, SQ5/7, A8 all use the latest tech and a new A6 wont come until late 2018 so its all up to you.....I decided to go for the 2017 as by the time my lease ends (2020) the new one will be out and have overcome any issues.

But all I can say is, once in the S6, you wont look back!
    2017 Audi S6 Avant
    2016 Volvo XC60 T5 R-Design (wife's)
    1987 Volvo 780 Bertone (my classic!)

0 1 0

3. Re: Questions for S6 owners 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Many thanks for your valuable feedback and input. For me, I think it will come down to who can offer the best deal. Then again, I'm a tight old Asian fella from Yorkshire so the 'double tight' gene in me is telling me to keep the A6, run it to the ground and save your money!

0 0 0

4. Re: Questions for S6 owners 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    hi Sheroo
    I had the air suspension option on my previous 2012 A6 BiTdi. That to this is chalk and cheese. I always liked the air susp but felt dynamic was a bit soft still, comfort was abit floaty. On the S6 the whole thing is alot "tighter" less roll, firmer ride though still very smooth in comfort. A bit jiggly over rough roads in dynamic but fine on motorway.
    S6 in comfort is a similar step firmer than A6 switching comfort to dynamic if that makes sense.
    I always left my bitdi in dynamic. Now i think i will leave the S6 in comfort and switch only for hooligan blasts, which to me is the whole point of having it switchable. I did 50,000 miles in my bitdi and it was the best car i ever owned by far. Already in 100miles i know the S6 is another step better

Re silver mirrors, i agree, i don't much like them either plus they catch my eye when driving. There was no option for body colour or i would have taken it. First world problems...

As far as i can tell (only used it a couple of times so far) the ACC and side assist is identical to the previous car.

never driven a 540 so can comment. BMW seats disagree with my lumbar.
    Hope that helps.
    S6 Black Avant: Tech advanced, Matrix, Keyless entry, Sunroof, Speed limit display, Tow bar, Rear camera
    Golf GTI (for the Mrs) BMW M140i (for work and fun )

0 0 0

5. Re: Questions for S6 owners 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Plus re MMI question, the 2017 is almost identical to the 2012 version. It is still quite slow to boot up, maybe abit faster. The images are 3d instead of 2d but who cares. The connectivity is better 4g now vs 3g.
    S6 Black Avant: Tech advanced, Matrix, Keyless entry, Sunroof, Speed limit display, Tow bar, Rear camera
    Golf GTI (for the Mrs) BMW M140i (for work and fun )

0 0 0

6. Re: Questions for S6 owners 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks robbyg for taking the time to respond. Did you (or others) ever consider the S4? Newer tech/residuals etc?

0 0 0

7. Re: Questions for S6 owners 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheroo View Post
    Thanks robbyg for taking the time to respond. Did you (or others) ever consider the S4? Newer tech/residuals etc?
    I did. Even tried it. While very nice and quick, not a patch on the S6. The build quality left a bit in my book to be desired as well. Felt like any other A4 tbh. Did like the new digital instruments though and the new dash design.
    2017 Audi S6 Avant
    2016 Volvo XC60 T5 R-Design (wife's)
    1987 Volvo 780 Bertone (my classic!)

0 1 0

8. Re: Questions for S6 owners 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    My colleague had a new A4. Lovely motor but less space and just not quite as nice.
    And they dont do it in a V8 😁😁😁

1 0 0

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234