Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Best compare them side by side in the brochure but mainly:
    supersport seats
    different steering wheel (badge only i think)
    Larger brakes: 6pot brembo at front, painted. larger discs
    different wheel/tyre options
    air suspension
    v8 engine and assosciated mechanicals
    switcheable exhaust
    4 tail pipe exhaust
    different rear under bumper/diffuser
    different font grill (possibly)
    the better screen between the dash dials

there may be more.
    For me with options (i wanted air sup anyway) it was bitdi or S6. The difference after discounts was less than £4k. seemed daft not to. There wont be many V8 engines in the future, now or never.

for other spec eg bose you its the same as Sline, there is the black option, just like on a base model 2.0 diesel.

most of the money inreality is the engine/air suspension
    S6 Black Avant: Tech advanced, Matrix, Keyless entry, Sunroof, Speed limit display, Tow bar, Rear camera
    Golf GTI (for the Mrs) BMW M140i (for work and fun )

0 0 0

2. Re: Questions for S6 owners 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    There are many differences between the two. As above, but can add:

Instrument cluster is grey, not black like on rest of range. Has S6 written in the rev counter.
    The needles in speedo and rev counter are white on the S6, red on the rest of the range.
    Air suspension is specific to the S6, not the same as rest of range. Somewhat harder. Better handling.
    The front grill is of different design.
    Steering wheel is the exact same as rest of range. Paddles are silver, not black.
    Scuff plates (illuminated or not) says S6
    Needle sweep as standard.
    Aluminium pedals and footrest.

Some of the stuff I can think off.
    Last edited by NewAudi; 07-08-2017 at 08:43 PM.
    2017 Audi S6 Avant
    2016 Volvo XC60 T5 R-Design (wife's)
    1987 Volvo 780 Bertone (my classic!)

0 0 0

3. Re: Questions for S6 owners 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Cheers. Definitely something to think about. £4K diff is between bitdi and s6 so with a 272 it's closer to £10k.

0 0 0

4. Re: Questions for S6 owners 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6S View Post
    Cheers. Definitely something to think about. £4K diff is between bitdi and s6 so with a 272 it's closer to £10k.

Good thing you are not in Germany then.....more like €20k difference! I had a 2014 BiTdi (very happy with it) so automatically looked at another, as well as the competition. But t as the price was over €100k for the BiTdi, and I fancied a bit more power and I cant turn up to a client here in an RS6, the S6 became the obvious choice

Do not regret it all as its in a different ball game. The S6 can not be compared to the BiTdi. Its more than a whopping 5 sec quicker to 125mph than the BiTdi and reaches 170mph with ease. (167 on the BiTdi).
    2017 Audi S6 Avant

0 0 0

5. Re: Questions for S6 owners 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAudi View Post
    Good thing you are not in Germany then.....more like €20k difference! I had a 2014 BiTdi (very happy with it) so automatically looked at another, as well as the competition. But t as the price was over €100k for the BiTdi, and I fancied a bit more power and I cant turn up to a client here in an RS6, the S6 became the obvious choice

Do not regret it all as its in a different ball game. The S6 can not be compared to the BiTdi. Its more than a whopping 5 sec quicker to 125mph than the BiTdi and reaches 170mph with ease. (167 on the BiTdi).
    Thought it would be a lot cheaper in Germany being the home of Audi.
    £100k I would be looking for a something with a prancing horse on the bonnet ;-)

0 0 0

6. Re: Questions for S6 owners 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Thought it would be a lot cheaper in Germany being the home of Audi.
    £100k I would be looking for a something with a prancing horse on the bonnet ;-)
    The BiTdi worked out at €102k from memory. My S6 was €119.5k to be exact. Much more expensive here than in the UK. Same with Bmw, MB, Volvo etc. Good thing its a lease through the company, otherwise it would be a bit crazy.

A friend bought a 2009 Bentley Continental GT W12 Convertible with only 25k on the clock for €105.....really a lovely car.

My 2014 BiTdi was €90k when new. Audi wanted €40k (and change) for it at end of lease. We bought it, sold it in less than 24 hrs for €45k....
    2017 Audi S6 Avant

0 0 0

7. Re: Questions for S6 owners 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Are they better spec over there? Like all the cool options(matrix led, air suspension etc) as standard?
    Even with a good fx rate that's £90k gbp for the bitdi.
    That's almost as bad as in China with something like 300% import duty on luxury goods. My parents mate bought a BMW X5 for the equivalent of £110k+ a few years ago and that was when fx rate was good. I laughed and said I would have got an Aston Martin for that money.

0 0 0

8. Re: Questions for S6 owners 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Are they better spec over there? Like all the cool options(matrix led, air suspension etc) as standard?
    Even with a good fx rate that's £90k gbp for the bitdi.
    That's almost as bad as in China with something like 300% import duty on luxury goods. My parents mate bought a BMW X5 for the equivalent of £110k+ a few years ago and that was when fx rate was good. I laughed and said I would have got an Aston Martin for that money.
    Unfortunately not. But we do have some nice options that the UK does not. Like we can choose the comfort seats on any model (I have them), carbon is an option on S6 (have it), sport exhaust from factory (have it, means black tips instead of silver and noisier) and many other things. For some reason other makes have the same limitations on the UK markets. Volvo does not offer a petrol version on the V90 nor the T6 in the UK, here they do.

Wife's XC60 is a petrol T5 (254bhp) and its great to drive, fantastic on fuel (did 37mpg last time we drove back from UK). Shows how good the latest petrol engones really are. Oh, the price for it is €65k! In 2009 I got a new XC60 D5 in the UK, it never did better than 36mpg....

Germany is a petrol head market. In 2016 over 52% of new cars sold was petrol. Been like that for years.

But all the price differences makes absolutely no difference if you buy through a company. The VAT is fully deductible (unlike the UK) and the lease prices lower than in the UK. Perhaps not on all models but in my experience.
    2017 Audi S6 Avant

0 0 0

9. Re: Questions for S6 owners 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Wow. Always thought Germany would be the cheapest place for German cars.
    So avoid Germany if you want a cheap German car.

0 0 0

10. Re: Questions for S6 owners 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Wow. Always thought Germany would be the cheapest place for German cars.
    So avoid Germany if you want a cheap German car.
    Hehe, something like that yes
    2017 Audi S6 Avant

0 0 0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast