Notices

User Tag List

Thread: 2007 A6 - MMI Upgrade Options - Bluetooth (Music & Phone) / Aux / TV?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: 2007 A6 - MMI Upgrade Options - Bluetooth (Music & Phone) / Aux / TV? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukenkarl View Post
    You can't add factory Bluetooth with music streaming. You need a Bluetooth module, microphone and speaker. And wiring for fone and Audi ami for music but this will only do USB or old type plug iPhones (the wide one).

i have an ami for sale, but it may not be what you want.
    Luke

Could you do me a favour and delete these two posts of yours, and then repost them under the five options that I've listed out? I've tried to make this flow for others to read and see what they can/can't do to upgrade the car...

0 0 0

2. Re: 2007 A6 - MMI Upgrade Options - Bluetooth (Music & Phone) / Aux / TV? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Option 6

The same as above:

Audi AMI upgrade

f-knaviexpert | eBay

This guy fits Audi AMI systems - supplied and fitted for the A6 (C6) for £250 fitted! A fair bit cheaper than turbo_herbie and no fitting problems. His eBay feedback score of 608 with 100% positive, inspires confidence that he is probably reliable and knows what he's doing.

If I was going to go for the AMI system, this is the option that I'd go for, but it doesn't offer bluetooth calling in any form, so no good for me really.

0 0 0

3. Re: 2007 A6 - MMI Upgrade Options - Bluetooth (Music & Phone) / Aux / TV? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Interesting thread, I look forward to seeing what option you end up with and perhaps you could review it. I wonder how the sound quality on these Bluetooth streaming system is, as Bluetooth doesn't have the greatest reputation for hi fidelity, but I'm probably well out of date on that.

i see the fiscon pro requires the car to be coded so it's only going to be a DIY install if you have vcds and the necessary info on how to code the car for the module.
    2007 A6 Allroad 3.2 FSI Tiptronic (C6 pre-facelift) - left hand drive

0 0 0

4. Re: 2007 A6 - MMI Upgrade Options - Bluetooth (Music & Phone) / Aux / TV? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Option 7 . Bluetooth fm transmitter that serves as hands free and music streaming. Cost £30

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

5. Re: 2007 A6 - MMI Upgrade Options - Bluetooth (Music & Phone) / Aux / TV? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niedzial1983 View Post
    Option 7 . Bluetooth fm transmitter that serves as hands free and music streaming. Cost £30

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Except, if you read the OP, you'd notice that I'd completely discounted all external systems, like the Parrot and Pure radio to name but two of the better ones, as they are external, non-integrated and add an extra ugly screen to your dashboard. As an aside, FM transmission is hardly a solution for bluetooth digital file transfer direct into your MMI system.

The whole point of the exercise was to control the system as part of the MMI system from the main MMI control wheel.

0 0 0

6. Re: 2007 A6 - MMI Upgrade Options - Bluetooth (Music & Phone) / Aux / TV? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 54A4Avant View Post
    Interesting thread, I look forward to seeing what option you end up with and perhaps you could review it. I wonder how the sound quality on these Bluetooth streaming system is, as Bluetooth doesn't have the greatest reputation for hi fidelity, but I'm probably well out of date on that.

i see the fiscon pro requires the car to be coded so it's only going to be a DIY install if you have vcds and the necessary info on how to code the car for the module.
    I now have the FISCON unit here, and am going to install asap. Will review after it's been in for a while, and I've had time to use and see what's good/not so good about it. I am expecting sound quality from the bluetooth transfer to be the same as if it were playing from a CD source. Most better brand new cars have bluetooth phone prep/pairing, and my friends 16-plate E-class plays music from my phone in perfect sound quality via bluetooth. This should be no different and sound quality should only be limited by the quality of the MMI sound system itself.

You're right about the coding requirement of the FISCON unit, which is the only negative really so far. However, the instructions look pretty helpful, and look to walk you through coding it in with VCDS. I'll comment on how useful (or not) the instructions were after it's in and done, as the screenshots like software that an Audi dealer might be using, rather than any VCDS screens I've ever seen. Hopefully, they'll be pointing me in the right direction anyway... Just need to get that dead Parrot fully removed now. I have a bad feeling that there is wiring fed from the main pack behind the glovebox, that feeds right into the back quarter where the amp and a large (non-Audi) loom is!

https://www.smartworldcompany.com/wp...G-englisch.pdf

0 0 0

7. Re: 2007 A6 - MMI Upgrade Options - Bluetooth (Music & Phone) / Aux / TV? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    RESULTS:

In the end - I plumped for the FISCON PRO. I was able to fit this myself, but it wasn't quite "plug and play" and did require some slight activation with VCDS. It also didn't activate and work immediately, as there is an "activation" code to enter with the FISCON instructions which simply didn't work. However, FISCON's German support was swift, and the alternative activation code that they provided worked first time.

In use, this feels like you had always had genuine Audi bluetooth installed from the factory. It feels like a properly and fully integrated part of the MMI system and overall, it works well. It offers full bluetooth music streaming and full hands-free telephone integration.

HANDS-FREE TELEPHONY:

This is very good. A small mic goes is fitted into the overhead light panel. Once the phone is connected to the MMI system, when pushing the PHONE button on the MMI control panel, it brings up a decent integration with data from the handset. It's not a full, full integration though. I've found that it does not display SMS messages at all. It's as if this potential functionality isn't there. You can't access the phone book on your phone as you might wish to - i.e. to go into contact and use the MMI wheel to search through contacts and then dial a selected contact to commence a call.

With an inbound call, the MMI screen goes green and you can answer/mute/end the call using the MMI buttons. It doesn't show the name of the inbound caller (even if it's being displayed on the handset), it just shows the telephone number which is slightly disappointing. When using the numbers dialled feature, again, it just shows numbers, not names as it does on the handset.

I have a cradle that is suckered to the windscreen just to the right above the steering wheel and I've fed a long USB cable down from the overhead light panel to plug into the handset and recharge it. I find that it works better to use the handset to select contacts/commence calls. The call clarity is excellent, with the MMI volume button controlling the audio. Callers report that I can be heard very clearly through the hands-free mic, and confirm that they can't hear themselves echo'ing through the mic. Overall call clarity is very good indeed.

MUSIC:

This was the primary driver for buying the unit, as I had wanted to have a far bigger music collection on tap, than just the 6CD multi-changer would allow.

Pushing the MEDIA starts the access, and after the unit has integrated into MMI properly, you now have CD1 - CD 12 to chose from. CD 1 - CD 6 are still the CD's in the multi-changer. CD7 - CD11 are blank, and CD 12 is the bluetooth music streaming. It's a slightly odd way of displaying what it's doing - it's as if it's "tricking" MMI that it's just an additional CD player.

Once you select CD12, you have a single window of player options:

START
    FORWARD
    BACK
    STOP
    PHONE
    MIC

In reality, you only use the START/FORWARD/BACK and STOP functions.

Start will load and start the music player on your handset. You know how the rest works. I've found that the music playback is excellent. It nevers stops / falters and I've not yet found that the bluetooth connection has ever been lost between the FISCON and the phone. The music quality is like CD as you'd expect it to be.

It was slightly disappointing that the screen doesn't show any data at all about what it's playing - i.e. the artist or the track. It doesn't even show the track time, even though it looks as though it wants to. By that I mean that when you start playing music or skip to the next track, 0.00 is shown on the media screen but this time never changes at all.

The integration works well with the steering wheel mounted controller and the MEDIA screen control options also appear in the DIS screen when you use the steering wheel control. This is handy to control the music, whilst say the NAV screen is in use. At the end of the day, it doesn't drop the bluetooth connection and the music quality is CD-like.

Overall, it's been worthwhile. On long journeys, I have music playing from the phone, controlled from the steering wheel, using the satnav screen primarily to navigate around, and mostly have the TomTom speed camera app displayed on the handset to warn me of speed camera locations and average speed zones (this I really like as it updates in realtime and shows things like "potential speed camera - 7 reports in the last 30 minutes) and then asks you to help it by confirming or rejecting the report. I haven't yet found a way of getting speed camera data into or showing on MMI, so I suspect that this is how it will be!

I have a feeling that the Mo.Bridge might have offered slicker MMI integration, but for the money, I've definitely made the right choice.

0 1 0

8. Re: 2007 A6 - MMI Upgrade Options - Bluetooth (Music & Phone) / Aux / TV? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    This is an excellent post, thanks for going into such detail.
    I'm looking for exactly the same thing, but was a little put off by the music streaming not showing track information etc...
    Also, what is the coding that needs to be done, do you need a plug in OBD or something to complete this.

Has there been any other systems released recently that are better than the ond you choose do you know ?.....

Thanks

0 0 0

9. Re: 2007 A6 - MMI Upgrade Options - Bluetooth (Music & Phone) / Aux / TV? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu pid View Post
    This is an excellent post, thanks for going into such detail.
    I'm looking for exactly the same thing, but was a little put off by the music streaming not showing track information etc...
    Also, what is the coding that needs to be done, do you need a plug in OBD or something to complete this.

Has there been any other systems released recently that are better than the ond you choose do you know ?.....

Thanks
    Hello there

If you have a look at the FISCON page here, some of your questions are covered here:

FISCON Bluetooth Freisprecheinrichtung

Then - Page 9 of the installation manual here, shows you what you need to change within VCDS to enable the system. It's just a small change, but it won't work unless you do:

http://www.fiscon-mobile.eu/support/...udi_pro_en.pdf

then there are some additional instructions for getting it running for calls, and then music streaming. All in all - if you've got VCDS, it's pretty straightforward. If you haven't, you'll need someone to help with that step of the install. The rest is just using the MMI wheel to input some codes.

I'm not aware of anything that's come to market since, but to fair, I haven't looked either. I can't imagine anything else would either, given the age of our cars and MMI 2G High devices are completely incompatible with MMI 3G for example. There'd be no point now...

0 0 0

10. Re: 2007 A6 - MMI Upgrade Options - Bluetooth (Music & Phone) / Aux / TV? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply and info. I've ordered a setup from Ebay, seems the same as the one you mention in your posts...decent feedback from previous customers, just hope it works !
    One problem I have is when I try to access the hidden menu by pressing the 2 buttons I just get a screen saying there are no more settings for this vehicle ?.....I'm guessing I need to update the software maybe, or does the aux/bluetooth wiring need installing first before the enable aux menu becomes available?.....sorry for all the questions, Audis are new to me !

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast