1. New member having problem with MK7 golf Stop/Start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a 2013 Mk7 Golf GTI, which I have owned from new.
    During the first year of ownership I started having problems with the Stop/Start system malfunctioning.
    The system eventually threw up an error code on the dashboard display.
    I took it in to the dealer for repair under warranty and was told the problem was "a Sensor" which seems to be a pretty common excuse.

It seemed to be fine until last winter, when I noticed the Stop/Start only seemed to work when everything was fully warmed up.
    Under warmer weather conditions this continued to be the case, it did not work initially, but I could drive until the temperature was up and eventully the stop/start would work.
    However, this morning it seems to have given up completely, and is not working even at normal running temperature.
    I am not seeing any error code on the dasboard display, and when I stop I get the "Stop/Start" symbol with the cancellation sign illuminated on the display.
    At one time operating the On/Off button next to the gear lever seemed to restore correct operation, but this no longer has any effect, although it does turn the cancellation symbol off and on.

My suspicion is a connector somewhere, possibly not pushed fully home when it was worked on under warranty.
    When it was getting warm it expanded and made contact, but over time it's ceased to make contact.
    The question is, if it is a connector, where do I start looking?
    Unless anyone has any other suggestions.

0 0 0

2. Re: New member having problem with MK7 golf Stop/Start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Hi

Welcome to the site..

Not sure on you issue, sorry, i am sure someone will help ☺

I do know from my own experience with stop/start is there are many factors before it will work... temperature, interior temperature if the air con is working, battery voltage plus many more....

I think on the Skoda forum if the battery is a bit suspect that can cause all sorts of issues. ..

Stuart

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
    Stuart l VWAudi Forum
    VW Audi Forum - Founder

Member of BMW Car Club GB
    - Email: stuart@vwaudiforum.co.uk -

If you need a Part, a Garage, a Tuning Company, or even an Official Dealer the please visit
    our Supporting Companies They are all there to help by offering advice and products or services..."You support them - They Support us"

Ways to support the website

Details of the VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme, See Here

If you like the site and you would like to donate please click here and use the PayPal button on the right hand side

Please Note: PLEASE DO NOT Email or PM me with any vehicle related technical questions. I am not qualified to give that sort of advice, please ask the experts we have on the forum.

0 0 0