Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Thanks Alex,

I did try to twist the lens on the rear but it must be quite stiff - I'll try again on Saturday. The front recordings looked fine to me, despite being on the left of the RVM and the lens being to the left of the unit; I'll leave it where it is I think.

Chris
    From Apr 2017 - now: Oct 2016 (66) Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro (FL - MY17), 272 ps, Black Edition (Tech pack, Parking Pack, Folding Mirrors), Mythos Black.
    Gone - From Oct 2013 - Mar 2017:
    Mar 2013 Audi A6 C7 S-line 2.0TDi Manual, Daytona Grey.
    (Gone) - From Sep 2011 - Oct 2013
    : Sep 2010 Audi A6 C6 S-line Special Ed (Le Mans) 2.0 TDi Manual, Polar Blue./(Gone) - From Sep 2009 - Sep 2011: Sep 2008 Audi A6 C6 S-line 2.0 TDi Auto, Akoya Silver.

0 0 0

2. Re: New toy arrived today - F770 2ch 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Update. Well, credit to Chameleon. I had a new camera with me on Friday and the fitter turned up first thing Saturday morning. He moved the power supply to another fuse (that's what he told me anyway) and to date the system has been working fine (touch wood). He has reported back to Chameleon, but they have not contacted me regarding the replacement camera. What I'll do is monitor for a couple of weeks and then arrange for the new, unopened camera to be returned if I experience no further problems.

I'll be looking at getting a 128GB SD card soon, but from what I've read it can be a bit hit and miss which ones actually work. I think I know which ones to try though from the information at the Thinkware forums at Dash Cam Talk.
    From Apr 2017 - now: Oct 2016 (66) Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro (FL - MY17), 272 ps, Black Edition (Tech pack, Parking Pack, Folding Mirrors), Mythos Black.
    : Sep 2010 Audi A6 C6 S-line Special Ed (Le Mans) 2.0 TDi Manual, Polar Blue./(Gone) - From Sep 2009 - Sep 2011: Sep 2008 Audi A6 C6 S-line 2.0 TDi Auto, Akoya Silver.

0 0 0

3. Re: New toy arrived today - F770 2ch 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Thats good news. Although my worry would be 'why' it was installed on the wrong fuse (if thats the case). However, as long as there's no damage/issues, it's working, so all good!!

I met some guy yesterday who does all these installs etc, and he had the same camera, and he was using a 128gb card - I'll find out what make that was

Awesome.

0 0 0

4. Re: New toy arrived today - F770 2ch 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pxr5 View Post
    Update. Well, credit to Chameleon. I had a new camera with me on Friday and the fitter turned up first thing Saturday morning. He moved the power supply to another fuse (that's what he told me anyway) and to date the system has been working fine (touch wood). He has reported back to Chameleon, but they have not contacted me regarding the replacement camera. What I'll do is monitor for a couple of weeks and then arrange for the new, unopened camera to be returned if I experience no further problems.

I'll be looking at getting a 128GB SD card soon, but from what I've read it can be a bit hit and miss which ones actually work. I think I know which ones to try though from the information at the Thinkware forums at Dash Cam Talk.
    I asked him, and this was the card he uses... Lexar 633, class 10, 128gb (SDHC). Although he says 128gb is overkill - 64gb would be more than enough.

0 0 0

5. Re: New toy arrived today - F770 2ch 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex c View Post
    I asked him, and this was the card he uses... Lexar 633, class 10, 128gb (SDHC). Although he says 128gb is overkill - 64gb would be more than enough.
    Thanks Alex. However, and this is direct from the Dash Cam talk forum:

"There are two versions of the lexar 633x memory cards, the older ones that have a part number of LSDMI128B1NL633R or LSDMI128B1EU633R work any of the other newer cards that end with an (A) dont work at all."

Like I said it seems a bit hit and miss. The Samsung EVO Plus UHS-1 class 10 seem to work OK according to the forum above (not the Pros or the ultras)

0 1 0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123