1. New toy arrived today - F770 2ch 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Looking forward to installing this today (when the 'Add in' fuses & and spudge kit arrive from amazon!)
    Had a hell of a time looking for detail on 'what fuses' to tap into (although it seems perfectly safe if you have it the right way around - I didnt want to go near any major fuses). Thankfully found an online manual which corresponded with the fuse box on the passenger side (I was going to hook up drivers side, but it doesnt look like there's much room between Fuse heads and the panel cover? Will put that panel back).

Might go for something like the electric seat adjustment for constant, and the horn for ACC? (Cant remember last time I used that lol). Still time to change my mind though!

Aiming for 3-5amp fuses on the add in for the camera kit.
    Will put some pics up as I bodge it along the way!

I think my only couple of concerns are:
    • Crossing the airbag over the A pillar (assuming at the minute I cant get it under)
    • Taking rubber trim around the door - doesn't seem to want to budge
    • Removing boot panel plastic, to route the rear camera to the centre of the glass
    • Potential DAB issues when coiling the excess rear camera cable near the boot lid

Oh well, nothing ventured nothing gained...
    Wish me luck!

IMG_1950.jpg

0 0 0

2. Re: New toy arrived today - F770 2ch 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Looks an interesting bit of kit hopefully all goes well with fit with no major issues Yes good luck!!

I fitted just a front wedge type dashcam to the front A118 and took the switch live from the drivers side fusebox. Agreed it's very tight in there. I also had a nightmare trying to removing the A piller cover which I gave up in the end trying to remove and just tucked it in the cover and rubber.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

0 1 0

3. Re: New toy arrived today - F770 2ch 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil-A View Post
    Looks an interesting bit of kit hopefully all goes well with fit with no major issues Yes good luck!!

I fitted just a front wedge type dashcam to the front A118 and took the switch live from the drivers side fusebox. Agreed it's very tight in there. I also had a nightmare trying to removing the A piller cover which I gave up in the end trying to remove and just tucked it in the cover and rubber.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Exactly what I thought, they're pretty well made. Not like my old Fiat Uno when I was 18 - that thing practically offered to come apart on its own! haha

How did you wire up?
    (Would love to just plug into a black space, but I've heard thats a can of worms!)

0 0 0

4. Re: New toy arrived today - F770 2ch 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Great effort fitting this yourself, I had mine done for me however 10 months in, having some issues now with the parking mode not staying on long enough, I'm not sure what the safe voltage is of the set up to make sure it doesn't drain the battery, I've been told 12v?
    Audi A7 (2012), Black Edition 245 PS Tiptronic, Phantom Black

0 1 0

5. Re: New toy arrived today - F770 2ch 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AK88 View Post
    Great effort fitting this yourself, I had mine done for me however 10 months in, having some issues now with the parking mode not staying on long enough, I'm not sure what the safe voltage is of the set up to make sure it doesn't drain the battery, I've been told 12v?
    I've heard as little as 11.8v (Will initially set 12.2v but I think I'll swat up a bit more)

I guess it's my lack of trust which makes me do it. I saw some suspect videos on Youtube - wrapping fuse legs, not checking which fuse they're attaching to etc, and thought that if I'm not there I can't see if they really take care or not. This'll take me a little longer - but I'm pretty **** when it comes to caring for my stuff.

Interesting that it's changed over time - maybe the battery life is starting to go, and there's less available voltage for the cam to work through? See what they've set your cut off to, but I'd rather the camera turn off, than the battery go dead! Maybe connect a CTEK when its parked at home? (If you have access to connect one?)

0 0 0

6. Re: New toy arrived today - F770 2ch 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    yes well I have suffered a flat battery in the A7 and wouldn't wish the inconvenience on anyone!, I think this was because I changed the voltage on the dashcam,

I always switch off the start/stop which I believe takes a lot out of the battery? I think I will have to invest in a trickle charger or something but I have a Clarke jump starter after that last ordeal with the flat battery

all the best with the install
    Audi A7 (2012), Black Edition 245 PS Tiptronic, Phantom Black

0 0 0

7. Re: New toy arrived today - F770 2ch 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AK88 View Post
    yes well I have suffered a flat battery in the A7 and wouldn't wish the inconvenience on anyone!, I think this was because I changed the voltage on the dashcam,

I always switch off the start/stop which I believe takes a lot out of the battery? I think I will have to invest in a trickle charger or something but I have a Clarke jump starter after that last ordeal with the flat battery

all the best with the install
    Yikes.

I bought one of these just in case...
    Car Jump Starter RAVPower 18000mAh with Car Cigarette: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Cheers, will put some pics up when I get started (come on Amazon!!!!)

0 0 0

8. Re: New toy arrived today - F770 2ch 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Same kit as what I've got in mine
    I used the ones in here: Question Any idea which fuse is always live?

I'm still not 100% on whether they are live as on one hand, I've found footage hours into the night on it and other time it's almost like it was switched off.
    I've locked and sat in the car for 30 mins + and then hit the camera which then beeped to tell me it was clearly still working but who knows.

The F750 I had seemed to be a lot better in the A6

In terms of battery - not had any issues in flat battery even at 11.8v but every weekend as most of my trips are short during the week, I'll plug it into the Ctek charger.
    Audi A7 Black Edition 3.0 TDI (272) 2015 (FL)

0 0 0

9. Re: New toy arrived today - F770 2ch 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Yeah, still getting used to the thing talking & beeping at me all the time.

Installation went well (front camera complete), those nylon trim tools were amazing. Just need to configure it properly now - wondering if the new F800 app will work better (free download)?

Opened the micro SD on my Mac, and there's loads of files been added, so need to adjust sensitivity too.

Will put some decent pics when I start the rear cam install...

I went for the light fuse (5A) for constant, and Headlight adjustment (5A) for switched. Both were tested with the multimeter (added 4A fuses for the camera)

Only thing I will say - is the cam location isnt great, as the top centre of the windshield is pretty occupied - and i didnt want to place it further down (as the wife drives the car, and it'll obscure her view. It's tidy, where I've placed it - but means footage will be slightly to one side. Oh well...

(ps. Grnd has been more securely located - this was an earlier pic for testing)

Getting there...

IMG_1961.jpgIMG_1960.jpgIMG_1959.jpgIMG_1958.jpgIMG_1956.jpg

0 0 0

10. Re: New toy arrived today - F770 2ch 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Well done looks great so far and hopefully the rear one doesn't cause you too much hassle to fit. I actually put my dvr on the other side of the mirror passenger side. Not central but seem to work well with the angle that side which might be worth a try.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast