1. Complete instrument cluster rebooting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I have a B8 Passat (2015) BiTDi and 6 weeks ago, when driving, I'd suddenly get a full set of warning lights on the dash, followed by all of the instruments and Discover Media turning off, the clock would immediately advance to midnight, the trip reset to zero and all the dials drop to zero. The engine was running fine. Then after a few seconds it would all come back on again, but reset items stayed reset. The accompanying 'squeak' as it rebooted was pathetic.

This happened time after time. It spent 2 1/2 weeks with the dealer and was told that the dashboard software (probably firmware) was reloaded.

It's just the normal instrument panel, not the Active Info Display.

Sadly the Odometer was the only thing which didn't reset, so it's still got 25k on the clock.

3 weeks on and it's happened again. The fact that the engine is still working means that I can continue to drive it, but have no idea how fast I'm going and I wonder what else will go wrong next.

It seems to do it when it's warm outside, which wouldn't normally be a problem in the UK, but is this summer!

Anyone out there had anything like this happen to theirs?

Thanks.

0 0 0

2. Re: Complete instrument cluster rebooting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lozzer62 View Post
    Hi, I have a B8 Passat (2015) BiTDi and 6 weeks ago, when driving, I'd suddenly get a full set of warning lights on the dash, followed by all of the instruments and Discover Media turning off, the clock would immediately advance to midnight, the trip reset to zero and all the dials drop to zero. The engine was running fine. Then after a few seconds it would all come back on again, but reset items stayed reset. The accompanying 'squeak' as it rebooted was pathetic.

This happened time after time. It spent 2 1/2 weeks with the dealer and was told that the dashboard software (probably firmware) was reloaded.

It's just the normal instrument panel, not the Active Info Display.

Sadly the Odometer was the only thing which didn't reset, so it's still got 25k on the clock.

3 weeks on and it's happened again. The fact that the engine is still working means that I can continue to drive it, but have no idea how fast I'm going and I wonder what else will go wrong next.

It seems to do it when it's warm outside, which wouldn't normally be a problem in the UK, but is this summer!

Anyone out there had anything like this happen to theirs?

Thanks.
    2nd Aug - Update
    The dealer apparently replaced the dashboard controller (whatever that is), but now the Drive Mode Selector button doesn't do anything. 2 1/2 hours back in the workshop and they have no idea what is causing the latest problem. It is definitely linked to the replacement of the dashboard controller or a software incompatibility.

The button lights up briefly, but the Mode display doesn't appear on the Discovery Media screen. Neither does the current Mode appear there either. And pressing the button doesn't cycle through the settings - I'd know, because as you go from comfort to sport the dampers stiffen up. None of that is happening.

1 1/2 weeks later and I'm still waiting for the dealer to ring me with an update.

I'm now in conversation with VW for them or the dealer to buy back the car.

0 0 0

3. Re: Complete instrument cluster rebooting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Passat dobbed-in for Tiguan 190PS, 4Motion, R-Line in Tungsten Silver. The Mode selector still isn't working on the Passat. I've given up after 2 years of problems.

Shame, because the BiTDi is a great car mechanically, it's just that the technology has been absolute pants.

Just hoping that the same issues don't blight the Tiguan. Time will tell.

0 0 0