Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Hi folks,

I have a Passat 1.6 tdi 2012 and have just had a service done by the dealer.

The car is very high mileage (150k) but perfect and having read about some issues I decided not to get the recall done.

It was serviced today and upon collection I was told they had carried out the nox recall.

I explained I hadn't been asked and they said there was a breakdown in comms.

Vw have a good will parts warranty as a result of the recall for piece of mind however it is only up to 160k and i planned for at least another year out of mine!

Whats the general thoughts / feedback?
    Audi A6 2008 Saloon Sline 2.0 Tdi BRE
    Vw Passat B7 1.6 tdi 2012 estate

Previously - 2008 1.6 tdi Mini, 2006 Mazda Mx5 1.8, 2002 Vw Golf 1.9 tdi SE, 2010 Bmw 318d Msport, 1992 Porsche 944 2.5 turbo, 1986 Porsche 944 2.5 NA, 1984 Porsche 944 2.5 NA

1 1 0

2. Re: 2102 Passat 1.6 tdi nox recall done by dealer without consent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Hi, I have had 3 letters covering my 2013 vehicle which I have now owned for 17 months. All appear to imply it's compulsory when it is not.

Although from VW Milton Keynes, they clearly state my details came from the DVLA.

How long have you owned your vehicle and are all its DVLA details up to date.

I suppose I am saying you should have received at least one letter.
    2013 B7 Passat BlueMotion Sport Estate 2.0 TDi 177PS (CFGC), 6 speed Manual, Metallic Night Blue, Fontana alloys, Start/Stop, RNS-510 (HW H09, SW 5238 V13 maps, 8316) Nav DAB, ACC, XDS, TPM, Westfalia Tow bar, Rear View camera, Keyless Entry, Easy Open/close Electric Tailgate, Park Assist, Electric Parking Brake, DRL's, Amb light, Zebrano wood, Tinted Glass, mud flaps, 61K. Cheat emission software. Nextbase 402G iN-CAR CAM.

0 1 0

3. Re: 2102 Passat 1.6 tdi nox recall done by dealer without consent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Did you sign a letter saying you did not want the update done ?

0 1 0

4. Re: 2102 Passat 1.6 tdi nox recall done by dealer without consent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    In theory a mechanic cannot do work to your car without your consent. Good luck with trying to get the garage to admit that.

0 1 0

5. Re: 2102 Passat 1.6 tdi nox recall done by dealer without consent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Thanks for the replies

I've had 2 possibly 3 letters, I'll need to read over them but my understanding was that they now have a fix, book in your vehicle to arrange the mod.

I decided I did not want it done after my own research.

Even with vw backing my worries were mpg and engine emissions systems faults after mod.

Having driven the car for 3 days, the mpg is 100% down on the motorway.
    My average seems to have dropped from 50.4 to 46.8 this is based on the exact same drive of 30 miles motorway & 3 miles town every day to and from work.

There car also smells smokey at standstill which it has never before, that could be spilt oil from the service though.

My mileage is about 30-35k per year so this is important.

0 0 0

6. Re: 2102 Passat 1.6 tdi nox recall done by dealer without consent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)
    Give the dealer grief. Same thing happened to my neighbour with his Q5 and he got a good result. but if I were you I would be onto Vwuk and demanding action.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

7. Re: 2102 Passat 1.6 tdi nox recall done by dealer without consent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Yep and

Dividend
    2013 B7 Passat BlueMotion Sport Estate 2.0 TDi 177PS (CFGC), 6 speed Manual, Metallic Night Blue, Fontana alloys, Start/Stop, RNS-510 (HW H09, SW 5238 V13 maps, 8316) Nav DAB, ACC, XDS, TPM, Westfalia Tow bar, Rear View camera, Keyless Entry, Easy Open/close Electric Tailgate, Park Assist, Electric Parking Brake, DRL's, Amb light, Zebrano wood, Tinted Glass, mud flaps, 61K. Cheat emission software. Nextbase 402G iN-CAR CAM.

0 0 0

8. Re: 2102 Passat 1.6 tdi nox recall done by dealer without consent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    There is going to be hell to pay if it ever comes out that the "fix" does not work because it has been passed and endorsed by the German authorities, they should have got the Yanks to test it

ZDF Neo - Amerikanische Autos. Nicht Manipuliert. - YouTube
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 0 0

9. Re: 2102 Passat 1.6 tdi nox recall done by dealer without consent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Join the Facebook group about vw emissions scandal and you'll see how many people its happened to and just how many engine issues you may experience soon due to their 'communication breakdown'. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

10. Re: 2102 Passat 1.6 tdi nox recall done by dealer without consent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    No thanks, for me the scandal is more about the disgraceful and hypocritical way the Americans have behaved over this and the attitude of the feeding frenzy press who blew the whole thing out of proportion and on top of that the compensation culture mob who crow for a handout when there WAS no reason for one. Now there is a reason in many cases because the stupid recall has buggered up countless cars where there was nothing wrong in the first place, it is a fiasco now and an abject lesson in how to turn a crisis into a drama of catastrophic proportion. It should have been left alone in Europe, technically it wasn't even illegal, and just dealt with in the USA where the punitive standards and horrendous fines made the NOX levels more of a problem plus there are far less cars to deal with and most already have the technologies onboard to deal with the issue such as Adblue and an NOX trap. I have a perfect way of avoiding litigious issues with selling anything to the USA, I simply won't as it is too much stress.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0