Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hi.
    Considering changing my A6 saloon for a Touareg. Looking at a 2015 model year. Is there anything to be vigilant over.?
    What kind of mpg do you get and tyre life?
    Had the A6 3 years and done 44k miles. Not changed a tyre (it's 3.0 tdi quattro, swap between winter and summer tyres) and get 43+mpg.
    Need to get family, clobber and dog in it.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Potential new Touareg Owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    It's not a car for tearing around in so tyre wear not an issue if using decent tyres and sensible driving. Eagle F1 typically last around 40k

If mpg is important buy a 2014 pre facelift as they're around 10% better on fuel than the later version with adblue, despite official claims that they're better than the previous engine. Real world low 30's achievable on average with the latest 262ps engine I have now. I did better with my previous 2014 with the 245ps. Performance no different between those two. The 205 ps has noticeably less in comparison but maybe marginally better on fuel.
    Look for electric comfort seats as standard cricket leather seats are poor for a luxury car.
    Air suspension desirable too if you can find one.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Potential new Touareg Owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply. When you say low 30s mpg as average that is a bit of a shock! My A6 was at Ave 50mpg on my commute to work this morning. ..
    So the 245 is better than the 262. Does the pre facelift have the Google ability on the sat nav? To be honest I prefer the look of the facelift but would save a bit of money going slightly older.

0 0 0

4. Re: Potential new Touareg Owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Its luxury motoring but not cheap.
    I have a 2016 R line 262. Just today did a round trip Warwick-Oxford and back, cruising at 65, hot day, all motorway bar a couple of miles and only just managed to get 39 outward and 42 return. That's displayed figures not real world...for this car that's good as conditions were ideal. Winter temps obviously make things worse.
    Don't forget they're well over 2 ton so stop start driving kills the mpg.

My previous 2014 touareg was literally built in the last week of production of pre facelifted model and no Google maps. I think even the early facelift cars didn't get it so you'll need to check any car your interested in. Don't trust dealers their product knowledge is poor at best. Also watch out for those that forget to mention that a seemingly cheap touareg is actually a 205 ps.

0 0 0

5. Re: Potential new Touareg Owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks very much. Already found a Touareg that was advertised. Questioned the dealer based on the headlights and his claimed model finally got them to admit it was advertised incorrectly and the wrong engine output.
    Will let you know how I get on
    Thanks

0 0 0

6. Re: Potential new Touareg Owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    You mentioning headlights reminded me... I have read that the option 25w xenon headlights are poor, if you go for an R Line you get decent 35w as standard.

Good luck.

0 0 0

7. Re: Potential new Touareg Owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    What did you get in the end asr?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

8. Re: Potential new Touareg Owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Still looking. Had settled on a reef blue 262 r line. But it had 4 budget tyres of 3 different brands which rang alarm bells on such an expensive motor. So the hunt resumes. Wife is getting bored of the hunt now...But that is the problem of living in NE Scotland everything is down South..

0 0 0

9. Re: Potential new Touareg Owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asr View Post
    Still looking. Had settled on a reef blue 262 r line. But it had 4 budget tyres of 3 different brands which rang alarm bells on such an expensive motor. So the hunt resumes. Wife is getting bored of the hunt now...But that is the problem of living in NE Scotland everything is down South..

Lol, I’m on the lookout for a 2015 R Line myself, hence my question. Not much choice for me in the Northwest either..... I’ve looked at a few that have had budget tyres on, unless at main dealers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0