Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi

As usual put my car up for sale and something goes wrong, rear of the car keeps dropping and getting the yellow/green light flashing. I can leave overnight, start it up and rock the back like a lunatic and sometimes its ok and will lift to comfort, Ill then raise to allroad level (one below lift) and it will drive ok then after a few hours or days lights flash again and it either stays as it is or drops.

Had the front drivers air bag done at xmas and did Andys repair kit on the compressor.

Just had the AA out as engine light came on !!!! - Throttle body is worn to add to the mix, not looking good to sell her but he gave me the error codes whilst he had his machine attached which are.

0A56 - Level control Malfunction

062F - VAG01583 - Leak detected.

Thoughts ? Could it be a broken pipe rather than the bags ?

Whilst Im at this, the fuel sensor has stopped working so now it just keeps saying it needs refuelling all the time.. assume this is a remove the diesel tank fix ?

Anyone want to buy Allroad :-) I have another car and need to sell her and Ive made it clear in the advert a problem with suspension rather than hide it, now getting stupid offers of 1k. !!!
    Stewart

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 TDI 2007 - Air Suspension problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Hi Stewart. I can feel your pain. I recently went through this in reverse - I bought a car with leaky rear air springs and of course the seller "never had any problems with the car", so apparently it acquired leaky air springs the same day I bought it!

First step would be to park it overnight in dynamic mode with jacking mode on. Then you'll find out if only one rear corner sinks over night or both (both of mine sank at different rates, but after 6-7 hours they were both on the bump stops). I can't tell you how likely it is that it's a leaking air pipe, just that it's really probably the air springs.

If if you don't mind rolling your sleeves up you can swap them yourself. You're probably aware if you've been around the forum a whole as its a common issue. I did both of mine with only £170ish spent in total.
    2007 A6 Allroad 3.2 FSI Tiptronic (C6 pre-facelift) - left hand drive

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 TDI 2007 - Air Suspension problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    ☝�� what he said, its more than likely the air bag. They seem to leak on the folds where the rubber creases.
    So will be ok for a bit then just fail.

Fuel gauge is a common fault as well, I'm sure there's a technical bulletin ref the connections that sit within the fuel tank. Basically remove the sender unit and cover that are under the rear sit ( with near as damn it empty tank) and clean , refit and cover connections.

0 1 0

4. Re: Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 TDI 2007 - Air Suspension problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Good info jrenoc1 - I'll try to remember that one in case mine starts playing up, or is it strictly a diesel vulnerability ?

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 TDI 2007 - Air Suspension problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    To be honest I'm not sure , it's definitely a diesel issue and I suppose it it's the same tank setup with the petrols.

I did resolve it on my old 2.7v6 and my current 3.0v6 however it's started playing up again ��

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 TDI 2007 - Air Suspension problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Evening 54A4Avant, where did you find the rear airbags, the price seems really good, what was the quality like? Many Thanks Dave

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 TDI 2007 - Air Suspension problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Hi Dave. These are the ones I bought, direct from China:

Rear Left Right Air Suspension Bag Shock Strut Air Spring For Audi A6 4F C6 2005 2011 4F0616001J 4F0 616 001J-in Engine from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

it looks like the price has gone up since I bought mine, as I paid a total of 225 US dollars incl. shipping. Quality is fine - I did have some trouble fitting but resolved in the end using a small Allen key to pull the threaded insert into line with the hole in lower arm to allow the spline bolt to be refitted. They are holding up ok after 6 weeks or so, no leaks or problems apparent.

0 0 0