1. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    I've had the Audi UTR for over 6 months now and never had a problem with it. Peoples biggest complaints seem to be around cost, "chattyness" and the app.
    In terms of the cost, £650 is a lot and you could have a similar model fitted for maybe £200 less but someone needs to give you a wake up call here. You are probably spending in excess of £65k on a car, a car you probably added in excess of £10k of accessories to and now you are worrying about saving £200 and risking (small be it) that the "professional fitter" does a bad job and damages your headlining or mess up the electrics... If you were buying a Ford Kia, fair play but their are better places to save
    The chattyness is a strange one, mine only makes sounds under 3 occasions, when I start car it tells me if it has recorded anything while parked, normally it does as it captures me walking away from the car. When I turn car off it tell me it's going to start parking mode and finally if I accelerate very hard or take a speed bump to aggressively it will beep to tell me the g-sensor has alerted and I should take it easier... Apart from that I haven't noticed it so I don't really think is that chatty and I'd rather it told me things like "going into park mode" so I know it's working...
    The Android app is awful, no if's or buts, but it's not as if anyone else has really cracked this and after the first few weeks of "novelty factor" you don't use the app anyway except for config. Like most other cameras you will take the SD card out and put it directly in your PC where it will take a fraction of the time to copy your data to a proper sized screen you can actually use and see things in. Their are some really great apps (who's name escapes me) which allow you to view both the front and rear camera video synchronized and while the front image is amazing quality, the back is also very good and certainly as good as my phone video.

In terms of some comment "it's not discrete", I wonder if they actually had one or just based this on seeing adverts for it as it's a dash cam at the end of the day and needs to be in a visible place and after a few weeks I never noticed it as it kind of blends into the read view mirror... Also you want people to see you have one as when someone bumps your bumper, if they can see they are on video they are significantly more likely to leave their details in London. It's not as easy as it sounds to get things sorted if all you have is a video of them bumping you even if you have reg. You have to go through insurance and that will bump your next premium up despite it being marked as not your fault as it's the way statistical based pricing works in insurance ...

The other thing is of cause if the camera does develop a fault at some point I'm not going to be caught between Audi, Thinkware (et all) and the installer trying to work out why it's not working...

Whichever way you go, I would advise getting one as mine has paid for itself with interest so far...

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    I have been using the UTR (only front) also for over 6 months and my experience is so far very positive. The installation is very easy (front), takes CA 15 minutes without cutting the wires, drilling, soldering, etc. I use it without any problems with iPhoneX and Mac. I have totally switched off the voice commends since they were irritating for me and I changed the SD on 64GB since the original was far too small. The picture quality is OK however I expected it to be better for these money. I am only disappointed that UTR is not integrated with MMI and the parking mode doesn't work (except g-sensor) when you have the heated windscreen.
    I am fully in agreement with muumipeikko that when you spend so much on Q7 you should't risk spoiling the electrics ( what is very easy in this car) when you can buy Audi dedicated, safe for your car battery camera with the harness designed for your car model.

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    does anyone know where to connect the Q7 UTR wiring loom into?

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by inchshort View Post
    does anyone know where to connect the Q7 UTR wiring loom into?
    First of all check if you have the harness dedicated to Q7. It should be 4G0 063 511 D. If yes, the connection is very easy. The UTR harness is the bypass of rearview mirror wiring loom (light assist and rain sensor) and you have to connect it into these plugs. When you remove the mirror and see the plugs compare it with UTRs and you will easily recognise which car connectors should be disconnected (2) and later connected with UTR loom. It is plug&play, should take not more than 15 min. If you still need more help PM me. I have the instruction - it is unfortunately in Polish but should help a bit giving the idea.

0 1 0

5. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Hi Retom, thanks for the info, yes I have the wiring loom but was unsure into which bypass loom to connect into. Now you have stated the rear view light sensor loom that’s fine, I see it piggybacks off that, does look straight forward, as long as I can see how to remove it. any instructions will help and I can translate them on google or the pictures will surely help.

Appreciate your effort mate.

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    PM me. I can't send it via this forum since this is too heavy file. I will send it on your e-mail.

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Managed to fit the UTR today. Well it’s a bit of a disappointment to be honest.

The WiFi is constantly dropping off, and I can’t even download a clip onto my phone without the WiFi disconnecting.

I put a YI dashcam in another car a few weeks ago, and in comparison YI are light years ahead in terms app connectivity, download footage, viewing live feed, which the Audi one doesn’t let you do above 5kph!.

The rear view camera is not very good at night, but the front one is better, however that’s probably due to the Q7’s lighting.

Audi really need to get a grip and sort the app and WiFi issues out on this.

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Tried the UTR with a Samsung Note, and it worked flawlessly. Seems Audi have invested more in Android compatibility.

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I fitted the 2ch version to our Q7 - fitting by Audi. Have never been able to hook up via wi-fi o: iPhone, LG android, and several other android phones. Gets itself into a loop or fails to connect.

I contacted Audi De and Audi UK to question if the app was at fault or the camera - they looked into it and I believe the apps (iPhone and Android) have since been updated.

I removed the camera and had it tested in an Audi workshop - it tested ok on their in house wi-fi - reported to work ok. I asked an independent installer to test it on his iPhone - not much luck at all. Same looped condition.

He has reset the camera and continues to test it before I refit it (to a new car).

Not happy with what should have been a perfect fit dash cam for Audi - now approaching Audi for a refund. Has anyone else asked Audi for a refund? And was it straight forward?

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I have had no problems with the UTR, have front & back camera's in my 2018 Q7 e-tron, iPhone 8 connects to it no problems and the size of the camera's are fine, I want people to see them. Also have the Rear Tablet Mobile (RSI III) system, again have made a lot of changes to them so they play VOB DVD files from the SD & USB slots, 4G (LTE) Wireless internet via MMI, Games, email, Google Apps, Youtube etc, grand kids love them. They also come out of the seat back and my wife uses it on her lap instead of a iPad.

Also there is a firmware update for the UTR, I updated mine about the first week in June 2018, and when it say events recorded when parked every time you start the car is because there is a recorded event, does not mean it just happened, its reminding you there is an event on file and yes it may be weeks or months ago. Events don't get over written, you have to manually delete them. One of my events is the service department driving my car around in the service bay.

0 0 0

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast