Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andymcdonald View Post
    Torn as to whether I order the Audi kit and collect the car ready to go? I’m no expert on traffic cameras. Or wait and get the best available? Again concerned about damage to the interior and also electrical systems...

Someone tell me what to buy haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Understand the dilemma - for me personally there’s been a couple of poor reviews on here on the UTR. Now it’s only two out of what maybe a number of of units out there.

Add the cost vs other dashcams it’s worth looking around.

Do you want a front and rear cam or just front? If front only then there are many options available.

If both then the Thinkware has got some positive reviews here from the guys and it’s more reasonably priced.

If the UTR by Audi was fully integrated it’d be a no brainer. Best of luck which ever way you go

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by audifan2017 View Post
    I had this fitted in my brand new Q7 but im returning it next week.

The reason I'm returning it is that the app is unusable!
    It crashes whenever i want to view a video.
    The dash cam keeps saying events recorded during parking whenever i turn on the ignition and yet when i check the sd card, the most recent events are days old.
    The Wifi Implementation is silly. Having to connect to a separate hotspot is cumbersome. Imagine if this was embedded into the MMI. Being able to view the events right there on the screen!!! They missed a trick here.
    App support is NON EXISTENT! I would be willing to stick with the cam if I was sure that the app was being supported and bug were being fixed. But this is not the case.

Getting a Blackvue instead.
    I totally agree they missed a trick not hooking into the car network and displaying on MMI but in terms of the issues you are having, I don't get any of them. The app connects fine and I can download and play without issue. I'm using a Galaxy S6 + S7 with latest version of app.

In terms of the "evens recorded" are you sure you are looking in the correct folder? Their are 2 modes, driving mode which records constantly and parking mode which only records when a sensor is activated, normally in my case a pedestrian walking past.

My understanding from Local Audi is the issues around the App are because it's a white labelled app and thus Audi don't write is so have issues supporting it To be honest though I seldom bother checking the videos using the app as the only time you really need to bother do this is when you come out the house and see someone has pranged it and given it legs and at that point I want to get the SD card out ASAP and backed up so I can review and show to police a "failing to stop at the site of an accident" offence.

0 1 0

3. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    I just had my existing Thinkware F770 front & rear reinstalled into my new (approved used) Q7 for just under £100 by Chameleon Codewing, they did a great job quick and no wires anywhere to see. Can't see much difference from that and the Audi solution given its just a white labelled product anyway not integrated into the rest of the car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    | Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Can you share some pics of your install?

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    I was just thinking about this, and having a non-integrated dashcam might actually be a bonus if you think about it logically. Sure for minor scratches and dings etc it would be nice to have it properly integrated into the Q7's network and MMI, but what about if you're involved in a serious collision that renders the cars systems inoperable?

Having a dashcam that doesn't rely on the cars systems to function might actually be a bonus in that case!

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by audifan2017 View Post
    Can you share some pics of your install?
    OK here we go front & back. Front pad glue needs to bed down a bit. Otherwise the only bits of wires visible are those in the first couple of centimetres from the camera units. Very tidy.

IMG_0223.jpgIMG_0227.jpgIMG_0222.jpgIMG_0226.jpgIMG_0221.jpgIMG_0224.jpg

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    That does look like a very neat install, can you get the micro-SD card in and out okay, looks like the card slot is almost right up against the headlining?

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fronty View Post
    That does look like a very neat install, can you get the micro-SD card in and out okay, looks like the card slot is almost right up against the headlining?
    Probably possible to get SD card out but its a lot easier just to slide the unit right and off the mount, then bring it towards the driver an inch or so, then get the card out. The cables hold the unit roughly in place. Simples.
    Also FYI the unit gets a very quick GPS lock now (seconds). My old car had a heated windscreen and the F770 took a few minutes to lock on - but once it did it was fine. The Q7 I got doesn't have the heated option, another tradeoff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    | Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Yeah, I have heated windscreen and noticed it takes a little while to lock on, only a few minutes still.

I have my parking mode set to record constantly. I think it records at 1 or 2 frames per second. Acts as a backup security camera and I can go back several days.
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Ok so I have had the front and rear UTR fitted by HazzyDayz as this was the cheapest I could find fitted.

Genuine Audi Dash Camera Front and Rear Supply and Fit

The overall experience is not great. The thing keeps telling me it has recorded something while parking, which is actually me leaving the car and returning to it so that feature is useless. Everytime I come to the car I have a voice telling me there are recordings. The app is clunky (based on the MMI one which currently doesn't work for me). You cant change most of the settings (IE turn the voice off) and you can't watch the recordings while driving. This is annoying as my wife likes to check them on her phone while I drive but this is not allowed.

The camera is not discrete at all.

I personally wish I had gone for something else.

A quick question for those who have one, have you found a way to stop the woman speaking so much?
    Racing Mica Blue Q7 S-Line 272. Adaptive everything!

0 0 0

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast