1. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    I think people are not comparing apples with apples here. When you see the headline figure, which was just over £550, some are screeching you can get a top of the range system for that.
    Yes maybe you can but then you completely destroy the lovely looks of your >£70k car with wires trailing all over the place to get power to it. Maybe you fit it yourself and end up trashing the headline trim... I think Joe public would need to spend a day or more trying to hide the wires being careful no to damage anything.

At the end of the day, the £550 you are paying is about £350 for hardware and £200 to have it professionally fitted so you don't notice the cameras and that is the true value of the Audi system. If you are happy with wires trailing from the camera to the fag lighter socket then go for a £100 Halfords job. But whatever you do, do not compare a fully fitted well engineered almost invisible solution with something which turns up in a box and you have to fit or have a third party fit...

0 1 0

2. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    That’s an incorrect assumption. Search the forum for the professionally fitted superior solution with no wires at a lower cost.
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srbsq7 View Post
    That’s an incorrect assumption. Search the forum for the professionally fitted superior solution with no wires at a lower cost.
    I looked at the one you suggested and the only thing it has of any value over Audi in 1080 rear camera which arguably you don't really need. The cloud stuff is just pointless and no one in their right mind would want to be uploading GB of data a month on there phone plan or the data inside account...

I guess It depends on how much you value an easy life, hardware wise their isn't anything in it really so it comes down to whether you think it's worth paying an extra £90 to have a Audi expert fit it vs a generalist RAC installer type. For me I would chose Audi everyday as saving £90 on a >£70k purchase is pointless and good luck getting RAC to take responsibility when the battery keeps getting drained if you don't drive it for a week.

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I had this fitted in my brand new Q7 but im returning it next week.

The reason I'm returning it is that the app is unusable!
    It crashes whenever i want to view a video.
    The dash cam keeps saying events recorded during parking whenever i turn on the ignition and yet when i check the sd card, the most recent events are days old.
    The Wifi Implementation is silly. Having to connect to a separate hotspot is cumbersome. Imagine if this was embedded into the MMI. Being able to view the events right there on the screen!!! They missed a trick here.
    App support is NON EXISTENT! I would be willing to stick with the cam if I was sure that the app was being supported and bug were being fixed. But this is not the case.

Getting a Blackvue instead.

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Sorry to hear that. Very annoying. Is it worth checking with Audi if there’s a firmware update for it? I presume you can see the current version through the app but possible you’re on a really old version that wasn’t updated.

Might be worth checking before pulling the plug completely.

Agree though, would be great if manufacturers could build in the dashcam to make it seamless.
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by audifan2017 View Post
    I had this fitted in my brand new Q7 but im returning it next week.

The reason I'm returning it is that the app is unusable!
    It crashes whenever i want to view a video.
    The dash cam keeps saying events recorded during parking whenever i turn on the ignition and yet when i check the sd card, the most recent events are days old.
    The Wifi Implementation is silly. Having to connect to a separate hotspot is cumbersome. Imagine if this was embedded into the MMI. Being able to view the events right there on the screen!!! They missed a trick here.
    App support is NON EXISTENT! I would be willing to stick with the cam if I was sure that the app was being supported and bug were being fixed. But this is not the case.

Getting a Blackvue instead.
    I'd heard about the separate WiFi hot spot and that does seem a very disjointed approach. But the other points here are worrying, begining to think I lucked out with an incompetent dealer!

Ps. Suggest reading all of the thread, there was speculating that the UTR, was based on the Blackvue. Sounds like audi completely messed up the app.

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srbsq7 View Post
    Could you perhaps provide links ? I’m not being lazy however I feel that we could perhaps organise ourselves and propose a group deal if we are all looking at the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    It feels like Audi should add this as as a fully integrated, factory fitted option at some point. I'd have snapped their hand off!

0 1 0

9. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andymcdonald View Post
    Could you perhaps provide links ? I’m not being lazy however I feel that we could perhaps organise ourselves and propose a group deal if we are all looking at the same thing

RAC were using Chameleon Codewing as the dashcam fitter. Might be worth a call if you can get a few people together in the same place to do the fitting?
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Torn as to whether I order the Audi kit and collect the car ready to go? I’m no expert on traffic cameras. Or wait and get the best available? Again concerned about damage to the interior and also electrical systems...

Someone tell me what to buy haha

0 0 0

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast