Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUsers View Post
    Did anyone get any other info at all? Very limited information available on the net. I'm tempted to order Viofo A119S, which is about £100 with GPS attachment otherwise someone tells me the extra 440 worth paying.

-S
    No I haven't, other than what the parts guy told me on Saturday of which some was wrong I.e rear camera is 720p not 1080p.

I do like the radar module which is monitoring the car and activates camera should it need to - also like how it's meant to be able to alert you on the phone (now I don't know if this is also possible on the camera you mention or others on the market)

But £550 is a heck of a lot of cash and like all dash cams doesn't give any kind of side view

Tempting but would like to hear some real reviews first

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    I heard from somewhere it was a rebadged Blackvue DR650-2CH.. (I could be wrong).
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    I would like the mobile alerting feature if it worked during parking mode but it would no doubt be another SIM! Also would imagine it would reduce the parking mode time.

I’m happy with the Thinkware as it does most of what I wanted for a reasonable price.

I think in another couple of years time they will be significantly better including the picture quality.

There’s 1080p and there’s 1080p and mine is definitely not 1080p 🤣

The quality of the camera sensor needs to improve to get a much better quality image. Compared to say my iPhone 6S Plus, the static and especially motion quality is not in the same league.
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srbsq7 View Post
    I would like the mobile alerting feature if it worked during parking mode but it would no doubt be another SIM! Also would imagine it would reduce the parking mode time.

I’m happy with the Thinkware as it does most of what I wanted for a reasonable price.

I think in another couple of years time they will be significantly better including the picture quality.

There’s 1080p and there’s 1080p and mine is definitely not 1080p 🤣

The quality of the camera sensor needs to improve to get a much better quality image. Compared to say my iPhone 6S Plus, the static and especially motion quality is not in the same league.
    The Thinkware 770 is where I was settling until I saw this - it's mainly the fact that it's Audi and there's little chance of any warranty issues arising from fitting (panoramic roof in mine)...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahin4114 View Post
    The Thinkware 770 is where I was settling until I saw this - it's mainly the fact that it's Audi and there's little chance of any warranty issues arising from fitting (panoramic roof in mine)...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mine has been in several times for 'major' panoramic sunroof repairs with no issue at all. The RACShop / Chameleon install is very neat.
    Former Q7 owner

0 1 0

6. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srbsq7 View Post
    Mine has been in several times for 'major' panoramic sunroof repairs with no issue at all. The RACShop / Chameleon install is very neat.
    Can you put some pic of the actual camera attached to the screen pls? And also the way they did the cabling. Thinkware seems a bit bit compare to others?

-S

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUsers View Post
    Can you put some pic of the actual camera attached to the screen pls? And also the way they did the cabling. Thinkware seems a bit bit compare to others?

-S
    Have a look on this thread. Gyro recommended it and posted pics. My experience and fitting was the same:

Thinkware F770 front and rear dash cam system
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    I talked with a guy in Wimbledon Audi who saw it in Germany when he was on training and said it was amazing but you need to turn the sound recording off apparently. I was clearly desperate to blow some more cash as on the strength of that mine going in at the end of the month to have it fitted.

0 1 0

9. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muumipeikko View Post
    I talked with a guy in Wimbledon Audi who saw it in Germany when he was on training and said it was amazing but you need to turn the sound recording off apparently. I was clearly desperate to blow some more cash as on the strength of that mine going in at the end of the month to have it fitted.
    Mirrors what I was told - guy I spoke to hadn't been on training but his colleague had and he said it was simply amazing

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo78 View Post
    .......it was simply amazing
    Was there anything else to backup [t]his statement? It's probably better looking and will fit better with the interior but is it £200 more (or less) amazing? Is it a dual channel Camera?

-S

0 0 0

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast