1. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Full HD does imply 1080p, as opposed to HD Ready.

RAC are listing the Thinkware at £388 fitted here:
    Dash Cams | RAC Shop

0 0 0

2. Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Decided to call them - price as per ahin link. £550 fitted front and rear on Q7 and both cameras are 1080p HD from details they had. They did only receive the cameras in stock this week and he was saying that it does a fair bit of stuff.

Audi did have an advert where a woman parked her car at the airport...partner came along looking like he was going to break in but the radar module picked him up and alerted her on the phone - and there he was proposing to her in front of the camera .... and she watched on her smartphone....ahhhh

0 2 0

3. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUsers View Post
    Doesn't it look a bit bulky? I was looking for something like this: i-Tentek B40 A118C Capacitor Version GPS Stealth Dash: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
    But again, that's not Audi branded.

-S
    I got the more recent version of this, the A119 (non GPS version). I got it from China for 80USD, using it for two month without any problem.
    Attached Images

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    The iPhone app appears to have a manual contained within, but the tech specs imply the rear cam is 720p

Screenshot 2017-07-01 15.30.23.jpg

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anemeth View Post
    I got the more recent version of this, the A119 (non GPS version). I got it from China for 80USD, using it for two month without any problem.
    Very neat installation. Is it the original 119 or 119S? Found this comparison interesting: Viofo A119 vs A119S Review - YouTube
    Did you do the rear camera as well? And how is the power etc. terminated?

-S

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUsers View Post
    Very neat installation. Is it the original 119 or 119S? Found this comparison interesting: Viofo A119 vs A119S Review - YouTube
    Did you do the rear camera as well? And how is the power etc. terminated?

-S
    It is A119 without GPS. No rear camera as 7 month of the year I have sunshade on the rear window (longer summer here).
    The switched 12V comes from a spare fuse from the fusebox under the footrest. The wire goes up to the side of the dash, where the Fusebox "C" is, there is space and I put there the 12V/5V converter. From there the wire goes along the A pillar and the roof line. I had to cut off the original USB connector and installed a 90 degree USB connector which connects to the camera. The original straigth USB connector would have been ugly and 90 degree connector is much neater.

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    I'm also looking for a dash-cam and trying to justify £550 over some other popular options. Does anyone know what extra (superior quality, features, seamless integration etc.) Audi UTR brings in apart from being Audi branded?

-S

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Any chance of tapping him up for some first hand feedback?

There doesn't seem to be a one size fits all solution to Traffic Cam's. Some people have opted for the ultimate image quality but compromised on other features, some have great features but poor reliability, some do everything but are the size of a GPS unit.

I'm not interested in throwing the kitchen sink at the problem, but for me it has to work when parked (most dinks I've had on any of my cars have happened when I'm not around), do front and rear (pointless knowing you've been rear ended but have no idea who did it), not be like a dinner plate behind the rear view mirror and have image quality good enough to capture the relevant details (number plate, they were talking on their mobile, actual face of the perp'), mobile app/notifications (so I can go back to the car if something happens when I'm nearby).

I'm sure Audi have probably just white labeled this rather than build from scratch, and I'd like to know which boxes they've ticked and which ones they have left.

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi UTR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    Did anyone get any other info at all? Very limited information available on the net. I'm tempted to order Viofo A119S, which is about £100 with GPS attachment otherwise someone tells me the extra 440 worth paying.

-S

0 0 0

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast