1. Re: What happens when ordinary people have a little power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Well it seem like my request to 'read carefully' fell on deaf ears.

First and foremost let me apologise again so that there's no misunderstanding. You seem to have missed it in my last reply as you haven't acknowledged my apology and worse you've repeated it. It was a poor choice of analogy and again, I accept your criticism for it. DOES THAT SOUND LIKE TROLL?

I did read carefully what you said about thanks regarding requests/info unfortunately you missed off 'WHEN THEY GET A REPLY' That makes a difference.
    My comment about new members not being clueless etc was not an assumption on your behalf at all. I wasn't directing them at you but was merely generalising in the same way you did in part of your reply to me.
    There are remarks explicitly mentioning that Im a new member and basically saying how dare you have an opinion.
    Can I also point out that this thread is in the correct forum and that you don't have to agree with me but I'd appreciate it if you'd stop lecturing me.

0 1 0

2. Re: What happens when ordinary people have a little power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    I think this post has gone far enough now, the site does not have a policy of needing 100 posts to make posts/replies apart from the ONE section I mentioned, if you get a message saying you do not have enough posts I need to know about it ...
    Stuart l VWAudi Forum
    VW Audi Forum - Founder
    Member of the Institute Of Advanced Motorists
    Member of BMW Car Club GB
    - Email: stuart@vwaudiforum.co.uk -

If you need a Part, a Garage, a Tuning Company, or even an Official Dealer the please visit
    our Supporting Companies They are all there to help by offering advice and products or services..."You support them - They Support us"

Ways to support the website

Details of the VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme, See Here

If you like the site and you would like to donate please click here and use the PayPal button on the right hand side

Please Note: PLEASE DO NOT Email or PM me with any vehicle related technical questions. I am not qualified to give that sort of advice, please ask the experts we have on the forum.

1 0 0

3. Re: What happens when ordinary people have a little power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Stuart, I agree and now I'd like to get back to why I came to the site on the first place. The fella you mentioned in your PM to me hasn't posted a reply, I've had plenty of reads but no 'how to' from anyone as yet. I'd be grateful if you could help me out here as I can't remember his name and wouldn't know how to contact him anyaway if I did. It's re a 2016 A4 TDI 14 pin headlight plug wire colours and what they do. Thanks

0 0 0

4. Re: What happens when ordinary people have a little power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    I will send him a message for you
    Stuart l VWAudi Forum
    VW Audi Forum - Founder
    Member of the Institute Of Advanced Motorists
    Member of BMW Car Club GB
    - Email: stuart@vwaudiforum.co.uk -

If you need a Part, a Garage, a Tuning Company, or even an Official Dealer the please visit
    our Supporting Companies They are all there to help by offering advice and products or services..."You support them - They Support us"

Ways to support the website

Details of the VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme, See Here

If you like the site and you would like to donate please click here and use the PayPal button on the right hand side

Please Note: PLEASE DO NOT Email or PM me with any vehicle related technical questions. I am not qualified to give that sort of advice, please ask the experts we have on the forum.

1 0 0

5. Re: What happens when ordinary people have a little power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarquinfintim View Post
    Well it seem like my request to 'read carefully' fell on deaf ears.

I did read carefully what you said about thanks regarding requests/info unfortunately you missed off 'WHEN THEY GET A REPLY' That makes a difference.
    Oh, the irony

Quote Originally Posted by fest0r View Post
    I find it far more annoying when a new member posts a request for car/fault info then can’t even be bothered to click the like button… let alone reply with thanks when someone takes the time to help them out.
    Just a suggestion (or lecture, if you prefer ) but how about replying to a few unanswered posts (ones you can help with obviously) so you can PM people? It might also encourage others to help you out if they see you contributing. Complaints about the rules/site and demanding assistance might set a bad president.

0 1 0

6. Re: What happens when ordinary people have a little power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Fine, if that's what it'll take to get out of this.

0 1 0

7. Re: What happens when ordinary people have a little power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thank you

0 1 0

8. Re: What happens when ordinary people have a little power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I'm not going to relight the fire under this thread. Suffice to say 500 views up to now so some interest. Thank you to all the people who PM'd me, your comments are appreciated. This thread is now closed as far as I'm concerned and won't receive any further replies from me. Thanks again

0 1 0

9. Re: What happens when ordinary people have a little power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Spam at forums - you cannot win with this. If you want your forum to be alive you have to let people register there. If the registration is open, then you will get a lot of spammers. Sad but true.
    To want to, is to be able to.

0 0 0

10. Re: What happens when ordinary people have a little power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The title is REALLY not suitable for your post. I couldn't agree with you sir. It's not like having a power or something, it's like creating a decent rules and being strict on keeping them.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12