Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Ultra quick to switch off!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Ultra quick to switch off! 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    My Ultra DSG seems extremely keen to shut down the engine when approaching traffic lights, roundabouts etc. with the annoying result that when I accelerate when a gap appears or the lights change as I'm approaching them there can sometimes be quite a thud as I hadn't noticed the engine had shut off. It then revs under throttle and goes into gear quite hard.
    Other than constantly pressing the switch to stop it cutting out, is there any other means of making it less eager to shut off?

0 0 0

2. Re: Ultra quick to switch off! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Drive it in sport mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 1 0

3. Re: Ultra quick to switch off! 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    Kind of defeats the purpose of having the modes then, doesn't it?
    It will switch off when I'm still doing 5 mph!

0 0 0

4. Re: Ultra quick to switch off! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Only way to pass the emission test is that the engine is turned off I'm afraid.
    The 272 is exactly the same as my old ultra worse if you keep it in economy mode.
    2015 272 saloon Fl, lighting pack, 19" 10 spoke alloys, electric boot, memory seat with folding mirrors, tech pack, silver leather interior and privacy glass.

0 0 0

5. Re: Ultra quick to switch off! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    My ultra was the same, would switch off the engine when the car was still moving, however when I got rid of the ultra and got the 2.0TDI quattro that issue has now gone. When I come to a stop a light press of the brake peddle and the engine still run's but press the brake peddle slightly harder it switches the engine off, I did put a complaint in with Audi about the Ultra engine switching off when the car was still moving, but was told this was normal behaviour!

0 0 0

6. Re: Ultra quick to switch off! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    with my 2.0 ultra I have found a technique of stopping using a light brake pedal. This avoids the engine stopping. A heavier press will then stop it when I wish. Doesnt always work but usually does.

0 0 0

7. Re: Ultra quick to switch off! 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    It's a damned nuisance. I don't mind stop-go but this is way too keen for my liking.

0 0 0

8. Re: Ultra quick to switch off! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Hi I switch it off every time I start up. It's dangerous in normal day to day driving, you come to a stop the gap comes, then as you attempt to move off, nothing for about half a second or so by which time the gap is closing FAST. If I get into traffic I just turn it on again,until I am back on the open road. Its the price you pay for tax of £20-30 a year As the song goes "Push the Button" (2015 2L S-line)

0 0 0

9. Re: Ultra quick to switch off! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Think the worse is when I get back to the car after popping In the shops for something. I start the car and ready to move off and the engine shuts down
    2015 272 saloon Fl, lighting pack, 19" 10 spoke alloys, electric boot, memory seat with folding mirrors, tech pack, silver leather interior and privacy glass.

0 0 0

10. Re: Ultra quick to switch off! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    You can reverse the default behaviour of the Stop-Start button using VCDS to set the system to be off by default and only enabled when you press the button. I don't have an Ultra and my Stop Start works perfectly, but I had a loaner A3 the other day that kept shutting down as I approached traffic lights and junctions; way too over zealous and - I agree - very dangerous, I should think, in the wrong circumstances.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast