Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Hello,

So I have officially moved to this side of the fence after trading my VW passat CC for A6 S line black edition 2015 and experienced an issue straight after leaving the dealership. Just wonder if you guys had similar issue to me. When I drive on the motorway at the speed of 120km/h. There is a vibration on the front seats specially on the head rest at that speed. It is strong enough that resting head is uncomfortable. I can also feel it on the passenger seat if I place my hand on the head rest. You can't really feel it at the speed lower than 100km/h. I believe the issue issue with either buckled or unbalanced rear wheel/wheels. I had same issue on my past CC. Any thoughts? I booked the car to be checked anyway.

Thanks!

0 0 0

2. Re: Vibration on the seat/head rest 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Almost certainly will be imbalanced wheels (either through incorrect weights or buckle). Probably at the rear if you do not feel it through the steering wheel.

I had this with my A6 after having wheels fitted and balanced at National. I went back for re-balance (they confirmed they were not correctly balanced). Still had the issue and took the car to audi to balance - problem solved.

0 0 0

3. Re: Vibration on the seat/head rest 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Yeah, thanks thinking the same. I'll update the thread after visiting the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    current: 2019 A6 S-Line 40 TDI Avant (de-chromed)
    sold: 2015 A6 S-line Black Edition 2.0 TDI ULTRA
    MODs: CarPlay with RMC, Ambient Lighting

0 0 0

4. Re: Vibration on the seat/head rest 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Came back from the dealer which rebalanced all four wheels. Still the same experience. I wonder if this is to be expected with s line suspension and 20" wheels. Do you guys get a vibration of your front seats when driving over 120km/h (80mls/h) ? I don't complaint for the s line 20" ride comfort. It is just that vibration feeling when you rest your head on the headrest and slightly on the floor. I travel the same road every day as I did on my CC and did not have the same experience. CC was 235/40/18

0 0 0

5. Re: Vibration on the seat/head rest 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    Nope, no vibes at all with mine. Do you have a buckled wheel perhaps?

0 0 0

6. Re: Vibration on the seat/head rest 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    No vibes here....smooth as.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    2016 A6 Avant 2.0 tdi Quattro Black Edition
    2013 A6 Avant 2.0 tdi Black Edition ​gone
    2010 A6 Avant 2.0 TDI Le Mans. gone.

0 0 0

7. Re: Vibration on the seat/head rest 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by artheb View Post
    Do you guys get a vibration of your front seats when driving over 120km/h (80mls/h) ? I don't complaint for the s line 20" ride comfort.
    I have the S-Line with air suspension and 19" wheels but car was a smooth as anything at 120MPH (roughly 200kmh) coming up through France on a private road a couple of weeks ago.

Vibration through the seat suggests one of the rear wheels is out of balance. Take the car to a decent tyre place (rather than the dealer) to get them to check the wheels. You may have a mis-shaped wheel or tyre that they can check for too.

0 0 0

8. Re: Vibration on the seat/head rest 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrown1664 View Post
    I have the S-Line with air suspension and 19" wheels but car was a smooth as anything at 120MPH (roughly 200kmh) coming up through France on a private road a couple of weeks ago.

Vibration through the seat suggests one of the rear wheels is out of balance. Take the car to a decent tyre place (rather than the dealer) to get them to check the wheels. You may have a mis-shaped wheel or tyre that they can check for too.
    So I checked with another garage and it only came up with 10g on one wheel, second was 0. One of the tyres seems to be slightly mis-shaped. I am in Ireland and I don't know where to find a place which could do balance with the road test. Ideally on the hunter machine. Car is booked with the dealer again as issue was reported from day one. They need to fix it for me.

0 0 0

9. Re: Vibration on the seat/head rest 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by artheb View Post
    So I checked with another garage and it only came up with 10g on one wheel, second was 0. One of the tyres seems to be slightly mis-shaped.
    10g and 0g is not the issue. They tyres may be well balanced from the mould. The issue is the misshaped tyre.
    Get the dealer to replace it.
    Balancing wont fix a misshaped wheel or tyre.

0 0 0

10. Re: Vibration on the seat/head rest 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    I will definitely tell the dealer about the tyre. They are going to take the car for few days on Monday 17th. I will report back to this thread with the update. Thanks guys!

0 1 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast