Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Evening all,

New to the forums, I'm currently awaiting delivery of my new SQ7 with pretty much all the toys (the only things I didn't bother with were the ceramic brakes and the night vision) but I'm still trying to figure out a problem I know I'm going to have with the Media Player.

I've got over a Terabyte of music which equates to about 85000 tracks or so and I've found out that the max limit for the modern day Audi's is only 10000 tracks on any USB device....is this true? Can anyone confirm? I had the same hard drive in my 06 A8L with the old 2G MMI via the Audi Music Interface which played everything no problem at all, my tests so far in test drive cars I've had didn't see all the files on there which I'm guessing was after it hit the 10K limit?

Thanks for looking!

Tom...

0 1 0

2. Re: About to be new SQ7 owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Recently transferred playlists to new Q7 so double checked capacities. Its a maximum of 1000 files per playlist/directory and 10000 files per medium. I used a SD card (max 128GB) with no problem. The Audi Jukebox (max 10GB) will hold about 3000 files. i guess if you wanted to you could fill the two sd card slots and the Audi jukebox with 23000 files and still have two USB leftover!! Hope that's helpful

0 0 0

3. Re: About to be new SQ7 owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply, I think I'll have to figure out a different way of doing it! I'm considering getting a navtool hdmi interface and connecting a fire tv stick up to it and connecting it to the wifi hotspot and using plex as I can then connect it to my server at home.

The only other alternative is to use spotify or amazon music unlimited, I guess it's just a toss up between a larger upfront cost which also gives me video in motion and the ability to play films/tv from my server too or submit to the monthly costs of either streaming service.....pretty poor on Audi's part though as the older 2G MMI worked fine!

0 0 0

4. Re: About to be new SQ7 owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    This is what I'm talking about....

http://www.navtool.com/audi-q7-2017-...interface.aspx

0 0 0

5. Re: About to be new SQ7 owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Hmm, this concerns me too. I get my SQ7 on Thursday but I'm leaving an A6 (2013) with the old AMI and that had no problems at all (apart from being a bit sluggish at times) with a 500Gb hard drive with around 20000 plus files on it. OK, I know I'm never going to listen to all the tracks but it's nice to know that everything I own is there - albeit in mp3 format. I keep this drive sync'ed up to a NAS drive in the house. I did try the drive in a Q7 demonstrator and just thought it was taking a long time to read the drive when maybe it has hit the limit?

0 0 0

6. Re: About to be new SQ7 owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    10000 files is nothing in this day and age! And what's up with my 2006 A8 and your 2013 A6 able to see waaaay more than that!? Surely this is something Audi can fix?

0 0 0

7. Re: About to be new SQ7 owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    I think this is per medium, so you may be able to have 2 x SD cards and a USB stick (assuming one USB for phone) which would get you over 20k?

I'd be surprised if they change it now as the assumption is everyone is using phones / streaming for he music source and that's only going to increase.
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

8. Re: About to be new SQ7 owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    I've decided that it's all too much hassle and seeing as we've got an XC90 R-Design Pro for the wife turning up just before my SQ7 and both cars have Carplay/Android Auto we have decided to go for the Amazon Music Unlimited Service on the family plan as it only cost just over 40 pence per day! All good quality streaming too as some of my mp3's are only 192Kbps rips so I think I'd start to notice those in my B&O system or my wifes Bowers and Wilkins system! Hey, technology takes over eventually!

0 1 0