Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A4 B7 Avant 2.0TDi late 2005 55 Plate

This had this car since 2008, and on the whole as been good, apart from the oil pump failure and turbo, just over a year ago... and cost 4k

The blower stopped working around 2 years ago, and it got replaced with 2nd hand one from ebay, which then worked for around 1.5 years, It went again around 4 months ago, and I just thought i was unlucky, and replaced with a Seat one, which had 2011 stamped on it, so I thought it would have enough life left in it.

This stopped working during the heat wave last week, so purchased a new Audi one from Ebay. Swapped it over, and flushed the heater matrix, and the heat was back which was great, or so I thought, the fan worked for around 2 hours. Turn off the ignition, as I had finished. Came to use the car about an hour later, and no blower. I don't think it's the blower that is the issue. The fuse is ok. No codes on VCDS.

All the lights work on the unit, and it show the fan should be blowing but it isn't. I am now stumped how to fix this.

Apart from taking out the blower again, and checking the voltages, i am a little stumped, could this be a faulty control unit?

any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Scam

0 0 0

2. Re: HVAC not blowing, replaced blower with new.... stopped 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Update

Nothing working since Sunday, and it started working on the way home from work and cut out twice (wonder because it was raining). It wasn't bumps either that caused it to cut out or start working.

So have replaced the Climate Control Module, lets see whether this was the cause of the problem.... Since it has been changed, no issue, but have only driven 5 miles since. Will update at the end of the week.

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. replaced blower brushes - smoke!!!
    By the lemster in forum Audi A4 - B5 Forum - 1995 - 2002
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-06-2012, 10:37 AM
  2. AC Blower Stopped Blowing!
    By Simo_UK in forum Audi A4 - B8 Forum - 2008 - 2015
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-04-2012, 10:20 PM
  3. AC not blowing cold. Just had timing belt replaced....
    By vanilla8 in forum Audi A4 - B5 Forum - 1995 - 2002
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-07-2011, 07:56 PM
  4. Heater/Blower stopped working
    By scottjay86 in forum Golf MK3 - 1993 - 1999
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 26-02-2010, 12:10 AM
  5. mk3 vento blower stopped working
    By aphex2k in forum Golf MK3 - 1993 - 1999
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2008, 11:51 PM