1. Right engine mount solenoid valve N145 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    I've pasted in below a fault which shows up in vcds which having googled around seems to be part number A4F0 199 379 BL which needs replacing. The car does have a noticeable vibration at motorway speeds, which is felt through the seat, steering wheel and pedals, so I guess this is consistent with a reactive engine mount not functioning. The car is a 2007 Allroad 3.2 FSI.

But I have a few questions...

- with it it being an open circuit problem, could it be as simple as a connector which needs unplugging and reconnecting, at one end of the cable or other? If so, can anyone point me to a wiring diagram or guide to indicate the locations?
    - the date indicated on the fault code is April 2016, so is it just the fault memory which is full or has it stopped registering the fault for another reason? I cleared the DTC in vcds and the fault still showed up on next scan with the same date of Apr 16...
    - is changing the solenoid valve a job I can take on? I read on a previous thread on here someone said it's simple unbolt, lift engine,swap over then rebolt. But how would you lift the engine?
    - can anyone verify the above part number which comes from a previous thread on this forum, as I cannot find the part online.

Thanks

Address 01: Engine (AUK) Labels: 06E-910-559-BKH.lbl
    Part No SW: 4F2 910 559 G HW: 4F1 907 559 D
    Component: 3.2l V6 FSI 0020
    Revision: --H21--- Serial number:
    Coding: 010D0003190F0D20
    Shop #: WSC 02325 758 00200
    VCID: 3068CB82A3B813C159-8064

1 Fault Found:
    005495 - Right Engine Mount Solenoid Valve (N145)
    P1577 - 009 - Open Circuit
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 00100100
    Fault Priority: 2
    Fault Frequency: 254
    Reset counter: 40
    Mileage: 160862 km
    Time Indication: 0
    Date: 2016.04.22
    Time: 10:49:55

Freeze Frame:
    RPM: 1792 /min
    Mass Air / Rev.: 294.3 mg/str
    Temperature: 73.5°C
    Part Throttle
    Load: 50.2 %
    Speed: 21.0 km/h

1 0 0

2. Re: Right engine mount solenoid valve N145 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Please get repair manual, it is good investment, it will give all info regarding repair plus wiring...And remove letter A from your part number and you get correct number!
    A48K5 2008 Retrofits: FL Taillights, Bixenon, Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster, ADS with button, MMI 3G & 3G+(With Street view) Other Stuff: Ecu tune, Front bumper valance "Rieger look", Sideskirts, VCDS mod, Interior leds, Basic sound to Audi SS + B/O sub/tweeters+activsub, Soundproofing,Tinted windows, Interior 6D carbon wrap, Painted calipers, 18" Wsp wheels Peeler style, FL gearknob, Efficiency prog via cluster & gateway flash...

0 1 0

3. Re: Right engine mount solenoid valve N145 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Its a very common fault code, and most just ignore it.
    Personally i think swapping the mount will not cure your problem.

Ian
    A4 B6 Avant Nogaro Blue

0 1 0

4. Re: Right engine mount solenoid valve N145 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnark100 View Post
    Please get repair manual, it is good investment, it will give all info regarding repair plus wiring...And remove letter A from your part number and you get correct number!
    Thanks. I'm looking into the workshop manual situation. It seems like people either pay for a day's access to Erwin or use the software which is not allowed to be mentioned but which might be a bit tough to install on Windows 7. Are there other choices I should be taking into account?

0 0 0

5. Re: Right engine mount solenoid valve N145 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 54A4Avant View Post
    Thanks. I'm looking into the workshop manual situation. It seems like people either pay for a day's access to Erwin or use the software which is not allowed to be mentioned but which might be a bit tough to install on Windows 7. Are there other choices I should be taking into account?
    I have both erwin pdf manual to my car(12000+ pages:=)) and old version of elsawin 2013(using for many years and love it, worked on w7 and now on w10 with no issue, as it is via VMware Player and it just running on xp so to say, so no difference which OS you have). So, i use electronic one better to navigate etc, erwin pdf is just a backup!
    A48K5 2008 Retrofits: FL Taillights, Bixenon, Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster, ADS with button, MMI 3G & 3G+(With Street view) Other Stuff: Ecu tune, Front bumper valance "Rieger look", Sideskirts, VCDS mod, Interior leds, Basic sound to Audi SS + B/O sub/tweeters+activsub, Soundproofing,Tinted windows, Interior 6D carbon wrap, Painted calipers, 18" Wsp wheels Peeler style, FL gearknob, Efficiency prog via cluster & gateway flash...

0 0 0

6. Re: Right engine mount solenoid valve N145 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rowdy-999 View Post
    Its a very common fault code, and most just ignore it.
    Personally i think swapping the mount will not cure your problem.
    Thanks, what makes you think it would not solve the vibe issue, is there something else I should be looking for? I've had the wheels balanced and can't think of anything else which would make a speed varying vibration.

Ive seen the "solenoid value short to plus" fault described as harmless but the googling i did on the "solenoid valve open circuit" fault indicated that the rubber part of the motor mount could get destroyed if the solenoid isn't changed within two years of it first occurring.

0 0 0

7. Re: Right engine mount solenoid valve N145 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnark100 View Post
    I have both erwin pdf manual to my car(12000+ pages:=)) and old version of elsawin 2013(using for many years and love it, worked on w7 and now on w10 with no issue, as it is via VMware Player and it just running on xp so to say, so no difference which OS you have). So, i use electronic one better to navigate etc, erwin pdf is just a backup!
    Ah thanks, that sounds like the way to do it. Will come back to it another day when I have the energy to d/l and install as invariably these things try my patience and I need to come to it fresh! thanks for your help!!

0 0 0

8. Re: Right engine mount solenoid valve N145 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi did you change the solenoid and cure the shake i have a shake on a4 at 70mph and wheel balancing is also ok and this fault is also showing

0 0 0

9. Re: Right engine mount solenoid valve N145 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    No I haven't touched it so far. To be honest I have no idea how to take this job on. It's probably beyond me. I can't even see where the engine mount is!

if you change yours please take photos and post up an how-to
    2007 A6 Allroad 3.2 FSI Tiptronic (C6 pre-facelift) - left hand drive

0 0 0

10. Re: Right engine mount solenoid valve N145 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Well rowdy-999 you win the prize - it wasn't anything to do with my N145 which was causing my shimmer and shake and motorway speed. Quite incidentally I seem to have fixed it without touching the N145 issue. I just changed the upper timing chain tensioner on bank 2 (LHS of car) and in doing so, reset the timing back to 0 between the cams and crank, now voila - the engine is as smooth as butter at all speeds.

I'll be taking your advice to leave the N145 alone.
    2007 A6 Allroad 3.2 FSI Tiptronic (C6 pre-facelift) - left hand drive

0 1 0