1. 2005 A3 2.0T Quattro Rear Passenger Door Panel Removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Guys, total knob here when it comes to mechanics and am therefore in need of help.

Rear passenger window decided to stop working today, in the down position. I think I have diagnosed the problem myself, it appears to be the regulator as when I press the button it makes a weird grinding noise and refuses to move. Thought I'd have a go at it myself, as money is tight, but failed at the first hurdle, can't get the bloody door panel off, can not find the location of the screws holding the panel in place.

Has anyone got a diagram or picture showing the location of the said screws and/or what the removal process is ?

Thanks in advance.

0 0 0

2. Re: 2005 A3 2.0T Quattro Rear Passenger Door Panel Removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    a 20 second google came up with:

Just incase this happens to any other A3 owner out there. Well the popping and grinding was the mechinism that pulls the window up and down. The plastic piece that connects the cables to the winow is pretty cheap and the cable that pulls it up broke out of the assembly.

Heres how to remove the pannel. Fortunatly I didnt destroy anything.

1. Remove the cover over the tweeter speaker to access a #25 torx bolt.
    2. Remove the cover over the window rocker switch. Be careful, you can pry it up with a small flat head screw drive and not cause too much damage. There is another #25 torx under this too.
    3. Starting from the bottom of the door pannel, gently pull until you hear the snaps come free, work your way up to the top of the door and then pull straight up. There are a few smaller trip plastic pieces that will come off too without too much prodding. Becareful not to loose any of the small screws when disassembling.
    4. Remove the wiring harness from the window motor, rocker swith and speaker. Again, be careful not to damage any of these components as they look pretty delicate.

You can access the window mechinism through another pannel that looks like it is glued into place. You can remove this by sliding a flat head screw drive under it where the tabs hold it into place.

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. Passenger Door panel Removal
    By ridders in forum Passat - B6 Forum - 2005 - 2010
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 19-05-2015, 01:10 PM
  2. BORA - Passenger side Inner door Panel removal
    By sean135 in forum Bora - 1998 - 2005
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16-02-2011, 05:15 PM
  3. Passenger door panel removal HELP !
    By Audi_130 in forum Audi A4 - B6 Forum - 2002 - 2005