I recently decided to get some new back up software to replace my old, and out of day package I used...

Having read many good reports and recommendations i went for Macrium Reflect.... Macrium Software | Your image is everything

it is excellent, very easy to use and set up and east to restore either full images or files...

I have it set to run a FULL disc image every month, and then daily backups, these are automatically merged or deleted.. all i need to do is lug my external drive in and it does the rest at pre-set times... excellent and as it is pre-set times make me back up more...

What I like is it backs up a FULL and COMPLETE image of all your hard drive, including the "hidden" partitions, you then create a USB rescue disc which if disaster struck you boot from using the WINPE software which is a cut down version of Windows, and includes a version of the Macrium Reflect software... once you boot up you can restore the full hard disc, or a certain partition, or even move to a new hard drive

Very fast and easy should disaster strike...

I went for the full paid version of the software, but if you just want basic imaging you can get a free. unsupported version... Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free it also shows you the differences in versions...

I recommend it and at less than £50 makes it easy to recover if needed plus with the paid version the support is excellent via email or there forum although the online documentation is excellent..

Stuart