I recently decided to get some new back up software to replace my old, and out of day package I used...

Having read many good reports and recommendations i went for Macrium Reflect.... Macrium Software | Your image is everything

it is excellent, very easy to use and set up and east to restore either full images or files...

I have it set to run a FULL disc image every month, and then daily backups, these are automatically merged or deleted.. all i need to do is lug my external drive in and it does the rest at pre-set times... excellent and as it is pre-set times make me back up more...

What I like is it backs up a FULL and COMPLETE image of all your hard drive, including the "hidden" partitions, you then create a USB rescue disc which if disaster struck you boot from using the WINPE software which is a cut down version of Windows, and includes a version of the Macrium Reflect software... once you boot up you can restore the full hard disc, or a certain partition, or even move to a new hard drive

Very fast and easy should disaster strike...

I went for the full paid version of the software, but if you just want basic imaging you can get a free. unsupported version... Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free it also shows you the differences in versions...

I recommend it and at less than 50 makes it easy to recover if needed plus with the paid version the support is excellent via email or there forum although the online documentation is excellent..

Stuart