1. MY17 2.0TDI First Oil Change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    So, I bought a new A6 about 9 months ago now and it's just reached 9300 miles.

The service indicator on the MMI is telling me I still have 9100 miles to go until my first service but because I intend to own the car for a long time (last car I owned to 150,000 miles and I still drive daily now) I wanted to do my own oil changes between it's normal Audi servicing.

This is what was left at the bottom of my bowl after it's first ever oil change! Anyone thinking of owning their car for longer than 3 years might want to consider their first service before it gets to 18,000 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 3 0

2. Re: MY17 2.0TDI First Oil Change 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    Which is why I intend to change the oil when I get my "new to me" A6 which has done 5k miles at 10k if it's on a long life schedule and get it changed to 10k service intervals

0 0 0

3. Re: MY17 2.0TDI First Oil Change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Absolutely! My only regret now is that I didn't do it sooner. Say at 5000 miles instead.

I tend to change the oil myself on cars between services so they get a full main dealer history at the required intervals but then an extra oil change by me between those.

0 1 0

4. Re: MY17 2.0TDI First Oil Change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Is this not why they use to change oil at 1000 miles from new?
    Amg merc still has this.
    2015 272 saloon Fl, lighting pack, 19" 10 spoke alloys, electric boot, memory seat with folding mirrors, tech pack, silver leather interior and privacy glass.

0 0 0

5. Re: MY17 2.0TDI First Oil Change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Probably. I have no idea why Audi have decided to stop doing the 1000 mile service for new cars.

0 0 0

6. Re: MY17 2.0TDI First Oil Change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    simple, fleet buyers. someone purchasing 1000 cars will look at the service costs over 3 years 60k. 3 oil changes instead of 6, no timing belt, thats a small fortune they have saved the shareholders. sell it on get another and forget about it.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 1 0

7. Re: MY17 2.0TDI First Oil Change 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    Just P/X'd my 2013 A6. 79k miles, 4 services Vs. 8. No issues at all except I'm several hundred pounds better off.

0 0 0

8. Re: MY17 2.0TDI First Oil Change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    good for you, but will it make 200k, 300 k ??? without costing a bomb to fix ? not your problem i know, who wants cars to last 20 years when you can just buy another one.

0 0 0

9. Re: MY17 2.0TDI First Oil Change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    The next owner might not be that lucky
    2015 272 saloon Fl, lighting pack, 19" 10 spoke alloys, electric boot, memory seat with folding mirrors, tech pack, silver leather interior and privacy glass.

0 1 0

10. Re: MY17 2.0TDI First Oil Change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    see, someone like me buying an older car would look at that and walk away, hunting out the one thats had the 8 oil changes, although most folk dont look at servicing, but plenty do, and pay a premium for it, so someone who has spent the money on servicing and preferably done it themselves or used an indy to keep the cost down will get that money back when they come to sell it. the one thats been done every 22k will be scrapped too soon.
    look at my 80, serviced every 10k and 305k on the clock when i bought it.

0 2 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast