Hi Guys,

First post in this and indeed any forum, so apologise for the first time caller long time listener syndrome. If this is in the wrong thread or I've posted this in the wrong place.
I have a brilliant 2005 VW Sharan 92,000 miles which I love but there is one very annoying problem. The doors seem to have a mind of their own. Sometimes they lock, sometimes they don't, sometimes only one of them locks, sometimes all of them do. When this first happened I tried to force the rear passenger interior handle open like an eejit. It's now all limp and just flops backwards and forwards as if it's not connected to anything.

So here's what I plan to do and what I need help on.

Replace/fix the interior door handle

I understand this means taking the interior door panel (card?) off and I'm not sure how to do this. I've seen some stuff on forums about, clips that can break easily so I want to avoid that. Then re-attach or replace whatever the handle has come detached from.

Diagnose the problem with the central locking

Again reading through forums, I'd need to start with the fuse. I don't really know where they are and which one affects the central locking. If that isn't it I think it may be a broken wire that runs from the door panel through a gator to the door frame. I'm willing to give this a go too but I'd need to have a bit of advice on how to do it.

I'm fairly practical but could do with a bit of advice. Any help would be warmly received, we love the car I have 3 kids and it's perfect for us, I don't want to sell it and get another as it would be difficult with the problem as it is. I've called round garages to see if they could look at it but they seem to be either very scared about dealing with 'anything electrical' or 'don't do doors mate'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gaz.