Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Hi

Not sure if this is the right section to post this, if is not then I'm sorry , I'm looking to change clocks and radio on my current B6 2007 dsg, possibly even climate control panel is well,I like the setup that my mate have in his 2011 CC, where the have white back light if I'm right this is done from 2011, as for radio don't need satnav but something with AUX compatibility would be great. Anyone can advice what would work and is the anyone on here that can do coding side of things to make sure millage is correct. Also need to retrofit CC, car have Dual climate control /auto lights ect but no CC at the moment which would come handy on long trips.

Suggestions are welcome

Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: Radio, Clocks upgrade and CC fit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Been looking around anyone have the RCD310 fitted? Looks like there is aux cable about for them is well.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Radio, Clocks upgrade and CC fit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I upgraded mine from red clock to white then colour. If yours is a 2007 it will probably have red clocks, which means in order to use white/colour you will either need an adapter or cut the current adapter of and wire in the new connector. The connector for red clocks is different to white clocks. White clocks were pretty much standard from 09 onwards iirc.

Adapter
    Adapter Instrument cluster Tacho VW Premium Colour display Passat Golf Tiguan cheaper ones on ebay, first one I saw.

Then you will need the trim to go with the new clocks as the red clock trim wont fit the white clocks. Here in bradford, changing the mileage is about £30. IF you do get some white clocks, make sure the part number starts with 3C8/3C0 and NOT 3AA, 3AA is for the passat B7, the 3AA part will physically fit and work, but your temperature guage and fuel guage wont work. Ive got my white clocks for sale if interested.

All in all, to change my clocks from red to white it cost me
    new white clocks £55
    trim £30 (from germany)
    convertor for clocks £25 (from china originally but didnt work so got it from germany)
    Changing mileage £30
    trim removal plastic tools £3 (from china)

As for climatronic, I assume you currently have climatic, with the 3 rotary dials? Changing to climatronic from what I have read is an absolute nightmare as its a dash out job, everything I have read has basically said forget it unless your a glutten for punishment. It could be done if you found a scrapped b6 with it all fitted and transferred everything over to your car but still not an easy job by any stretch.

As for Radio, cant really help there, Ive an RNS510 which came fitted, having said that, to find a newer radio, you may need to upgrade your canbus module, early passats have a canbus that when mated with a newer radio causes battery drain. You need a canbus version H or higher (I believe) to stop the battery drain.
    Last edited by Imran; 22-06-2017 at 03:46 PM.

0 0 0

4. Re: Radio, Clocks upgrade and CC fit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Thanks Imran for taking time to reply, very useful info in post, I would like the RNS510 but the price they selling on ebay at the moment is out of question plus I just wont use satnav at all, I need to do more digging as I have seen rcd310 with blue back light and also one with white led background not sure if is newer model or not. As for climatic vs vs climatronics not sure whats the difference, mine is the one with dual zone settings ect. like in photo.

s-l1600.jpg

0 0 0

5. Re: Radio, Clocks upgrade and CC fit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    From the picture, yours is a climatronic panel, so halfway there, you can use the cc version of the climatronic panel, straightforward swop, but the trim will have to changed. Also, the cc version of the climatronic panel doesn't have the digital readout, so you can't see what the temperature is but what it does do is display it on the deck, in this case the rns510, so if you were to change the temp, it would flash up on the deck what the temp is. Unfortunately I know very little about the rcd310....haven't got one.

As an example
    Aliexpress.com : Buy Climatronic Air Condition Control Switch Panel AC Seat Heater For VW Passat B6 CC Golf MK6 5K0907044FH/GR from Reliable panel study suppliers on Professional Auto Spare Parts
    This is from a cc and can replace your current panel, from the pic, you can see no digital display...

Aliexpress.com : Buy For VW Passat B6 conversion air conditioner switch air conditioning control unit RCD510 RNS510 air temperature can be displayed from Reliable b6 uses suppliers on Volkswagen auto parts shop

0 0 0

6. Re: Radio, Clocks upgrade and CC fit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    oh dear looks like will have to get the RNS510 for that to work, looks very nice, as for the clocks they have display in middle does that needs any codding or module upgrade is well?

s-l1600 (1).jpg

0 0 0

7. Re: Radio, Clocks upgrade and CC fit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Coding depends, if your car is a saloon, and the clocks are from an estate, the car outline will be of an estate and will need to be recoded to show a saloon, apart from that no, no coding required. Mileage will have to changed but that's a separate thing. You pic shows a pic of an estate.

Just make sure your can gateway module is a version h or above, otherwise white clocks may not work

0 0 0

8. Re: Radio, Clocks upgrade and CC fit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    ok will check if my module is H as will need this for Radio and Clock upgrade, the pic was just a example of clocks I'm after thats all but thanks for heads up with saloon/estate, also need one from Auto gearbox is well.

0 0 0

9. Re: Radio, Clocks upgrade and CC fit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ade555 View Post
    also need one from Auto gearbox is well.
    I don't think that matters, I'm sure clocks from a manual car work in an auto car and vice versa, 99% certain of that, hopefully someone else will chime in if I'm wrong. Only thing to be sure of, diesel clocks dont work in a Petrol and vice versa because revs are different.

You will need VCDS for all the coding and stuff

0 0 0

10. Re: Radio, Clocks upgrade and CC fit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Thanks, it will be few weeks before I get hold of all bits ect. but will keep updating

0 0 0