1. Front Discs and Pads - Time to change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    On my last service I was told my front discs and pads needed to be change soon. That's fine, the car has just done 76,000 miles so I was sort of expecting it some.
    I'm quite happy doing the work myself and have done it before the other family cars I've had. Any way has anyone got any recommendations as to which discs and pads to fit, I was thinking Mintex or MTEC.
    A4 Avant 177PS S-Line Black Edition 62 plate.
    I don't drive like an old git (so I don't want really hard pads) and I don't drive like a loon either (so no, wear them out in 1000 miles and stop on a sixpence).
    I've attached a pic of my car data. From my understanding I have 1LT brakes.
    Also there seem to several disc diameters out there too! 300mm, 314mm or 345mm.
    Next plain, drilled, drilled & grooved? More for looks really
    VIN-Obscured.jpg

I'm going to replace the caliper carrier bolts and the caliper mounting pins. Any idea's as to the torques.
    5NM for the disc retaining screw?
    35NM for the caliper pins?
    190NM for the caliper carriers?

Any help / opinions greatly appreciated

Regards

Jools

0 0 0

2. Re: Front Discs and Pads - Time to change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Caliper guide pin 30Nm(rest are correct), 1LT genuine is ATE disc 314mm.

300mm are rear PR-code 1KW, TRW
    Last edited by Gunnark100; 16-06-2017 at 07:21 AM.
    A48K5 2008 Retrofits: FL Taillights, Bixenon, Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster, ADS with button, MMI 3G & 3G+(With Street view) Other Stuff: Ecu tune, Front bumper valance "Rieger look", Sideskirts, VCDS mod, Interior leds, Basic sound to Audi SS + B/O sub/tweeters+activsub, Soundproofing,Tinted windows, Interior 6D carbon wrap, Painted calipers, 18" Wsp wheels Peeler style, FL gearknob, Efficiency prog via cluster & gateway flash...

0 1 0

3. Re: Front Discs and Pads - Time to change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Gunnark
    Thank you for the information on the disc size and the correct torque setting.

Regards

Jools

0 0 0

4. Re: Front Discs and Pads - Time to change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Grooved or drilled discs look really cool and do work; having had different types on my Impreza and motorbikes Be aware that they eat pads; but if you're comfortable changing them that won't be an issue.

0 0 0

5. Re: Front Discs and Pads - Time to change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnark100 View Post
    Caliper guide pin 30Nm(rest are correct), 1LT genuine is ATE disc 314mm.

300mm are rear PR-code 1KW, TRW
    Gunnark from where did you get the information that ATE and TRW are genuine? Audi wants 320eur for front disks and pads, ATE online price is 160eur.
    AUDI A4 B8 2.0TDI 2010 100kW CAGB

0 0 0

6. Re: Front Discs and Pads - Time to change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Brembo plain discs & EBC Redstuff pads .

0 0 0

7. Re: Front Discs and Pads - Time to change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by turbozob View Post
    Gunnark from where did you get the information that ATE and TRW are genuine? Audi wants 320eur for front disks and pads, ATE online price is 160eur.
    Generic catalogue which i use, shows this info regarding brake system and discs, maybe official vin based etka will show other info, but probably vendor is unknown there as always.
    A48K5 2008 Retrofits: FL Taillights, Bixenon, Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster, ADS with button, MMI 3G & 3G+(With Street view) Other Stuff: Ecu tune, Front bumper valance "Rieger look", Sideskirts, VCDS mod, Interior leds, Basic sound to Audi SS + B/O sub/tweeters+activsub, Soundproofing,Tinted windows, Interior 6D carbon wrap, Painted calipers, 18" Wsp wheels Peeler style, FL gearknob, Efficiency prog via cluster & gateway flash...

0 0 0

8. Re: Front Discs and Pads - Time to change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Gunnark, great thanks for the tip. I will order ATE then. In ETKA there is disc diameter which is useful.
    AUDI A4 B8 2.0TDI 2010 100kW CAGB

0 0 0