1. Question 2005 Golf MK5 1.9TDI Audio System AUX/Bluetooth Addition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Currently my golf has the stock radio and sound system installed, with no additions, as is shown in the picture below:
    Radio.jpg
    This means that there is no AUX/USB/Bluetooth connection available, and I have grown quite tired of having to burn and change CDs every time I want to hear different music.

I was wondering if anyone has done an upgrade of their audio system and could give me any recommendations, Im looking for the simplest way(Student Budget) to allow me to play music off my phone (using AUX or Bluetooth) through the cars speakers with good quality.

I have been told that going for a bluetooth kit such as Parrot or Bury would be a good way to go, but I'd like a few more opinions before I commit to anything.

Thanks!

0 0 0

2. Re: 2005 Golf MK5 1.9TDI Audio System AUX/Bluetooth Addition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got a mk5 2008 1.9 TDI and have the same exact problem. It wouldn't read any CD I had weather it was shop bought or made my self. Which really annoyed me so I started searching for an aux adapter and found this.AUX Cable 3,5mm >> Quadlock 12pol for Seat RCD310, RCD500, RCD510, MFD2 | eBay there's loads of different ones on eBay to chose from. If the link doesent work just type in "rcd 500 aux adapter" on eBay. And when u made discs what discs did u use and what burn format? Hope this helps mate.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: 2005 Golf MK5 1.9TDI Audio System AUX/Bluetooth Addition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I cant remember exactly what format I burnt the CDs, as the last ones I did were over a year ago, pretty sure it was standard mp3 format though.

As for the Aux cable, my radio is the RCD300 model, so those wouldn't work. I'm also scepticle about purchasing one of the adapters, which is why I'd like to find someone that has got one successfully working so I know that its possible.

0 0 0

4. Re: 2005 Golf MK5 1.9TDI Audio System AUX/Bluetooth Addition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I have RCD300 and just installed this;
    https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works well.
    Apparently there are older/different head units that don't have the capability for a CD changer, which you need for the aux input to work, press the CD button twice to see if it has functionality.

There is also the coding function of the head unit which can give CD changer functionality (adapted using VCDS) if the head unit has the possibility.
    There's lots of info out there if you search around, you're going to have to identify which model head unit you have and go from there.
    Also, check inside your glovebox, underside if upper surface, there may be a 'hidden' aux input!

0 0 0

5. Re: 2005 Golf MK5 1.9TDI Audio System AUX/Bluetooth Addition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My radio doesn't seem to have the functionality , I pressed the CD button twice and nothing happened.
    When I bought the car however, it already had a CD changer installed which was used by the previous owner. They lost the cartridge for it so I have never been able to use it, im pretty sure It is the Sony CDX-T70MX model (if that helps with anything).

Also sadly no hidden aux input.

0 0 0