Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi guys,

I purchased an Audi A4 B8 2.0 TDI SE (2010) from what i thought was a reputable dealer, however i have started to notice some strange issues with my car.

The car is one owner from new with 62k miles plus full audi service history

Problem 1:

If the car is stationary and in neutral, if i push the clutch in and release it slowly as if i am in gear the rev counter moves as if the clutch thinks i want the biting point but i am in neutral. When i release the clutch pedal the rev counter returns to normal after a slight delay. Please kindly see the video below which shows what i am experiencing sorry my description is not the best

8 June 2017 - YouTube

The clutch pedal does also squeak slightly sometimes when pressed i am not sure if this is related to the problems

Problem 2

The engine sounds really rough and loud, sometimes the idle speed is 1000 rpm this does return to normal sometimes, or if i stop driving for a while it returns to normal. Also i think there is strange noise coming from the belts and the alternator, please kindly see the video below:

Audi a4 - YouTube

Problem 3

When the engine is underload high gear low speed, i can hear an awful rattle that sounds like it is coming from the back box of the exhaust. Nothing is loose and everything is tight. I have tried checking on this forum and threads say it could be collapsed baffles in the back box could this be the problem or something else?

Problem 4

When i accelerate sharply i can hear a whistling noise from the engine, only occurs under sharp acceleration in high revs

Problem 5

Terrible fuel economy getting only 26mpg around town i would have thought this be early 30's?

Any help would be appreciated

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A4 B8 Problems i need help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Have you approached the supplying dealer?

Ian
    A4 B6 Avant Nogaro Blue

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi A4 B8 Problems i need help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rowdy-999 View Post
    Have you approached the supplying dealer?
    Hi Ian, yes they are refusing to even look at it, as i have had it more then 3 months

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi A4 B8 Problems i need help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    The whistling sound may be a split turbo hose or one that is disconnected,worse situation would be a split in intercooler which may be under front rh wing behind inner plastic wing.
    Just something to have a look at,may reduce list by one.

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi A4 B8 Problems i need help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    has it had the emissions 'fix', Is the engine doing a DPF regen when the idle revs are raised to 1000rpm. Have you gone under the back end and given the back box a good shake to see if the exhaust system is loose? Check the turbo compressor outlet piping and intercooler for boost pressure leaks.

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi A4 B8 Problems i need help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Have you had the car scanned, if not this needs to be done first as your just taking a guess at what might be going on. If you haven't got a VCDS cable ask on the forum for a member near you to scan the car for fault codes and get some tests done.
    this should highlight the problems you have with the car and can then go about getting it fixed.

0 1 0

7. Re: Audi A4 B8 Problems i need help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks for all the help guys so far. I really need someone to do a vcds scan for me for some beer money or payment. Can anyone help me please. I am in Sheffield South Yorkshire

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi A4 B8 Problems i need help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Looks like you are in the same boat as me. I also recently bought a 2011 1.8tfsi and have many little problems. Through searching I think that high rpm and whistling sound is very likely to be a faulty pcv valve which is a very common fault on these engines just google it and you can find ways to check it yourself. I also have a rattle from tje exhaust at low rpms but havent had the chance to get it checked

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi A4 B8 Problems i need help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Consumer Rights Act 2015 , 6 months for cars...

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi A4 B8 Problems i need help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazwould View Post
    Consumer Rights Act 2015 , 6 months for cars...
    What he said. Section 20 of the CRA is your right to reject goods. The supplying dealer must see you right. He does have a number of ways to do this; he can fix it at his cost or you could return the car; but be aware if you do that he will be entitled to make a reasonable deduction to reflect the use you have had from it over the last 3 months. That said don't be fobbed off with any "it's now got an extra owner" bullcrap.

0 0 0