Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Folks,

I've been a keen reader of your forum for a long while and always eventually found what I needed to know through searching existing posts. this time around I'm struggling.

I own an A4 Avant 2011 model (B8) which seems to fall between the cracks in terms of a few things.

I decided to fit a Dashcam and whilst removing the rear tailgate trim (main lower part) I must have nudged the washer pipe and I now have a small leak when I use the rear washer.

And I still can't get the trim removed.

This is the trim panel without a tool kit space, just a long rectangular space for the emergency triangle. 2 screws under the triangle, 2 screws in the rear main light cavities, small light, 6 clips all released with trim tools.

The trim seems to still be screwed down near the locking mechanism, I did pull the trim pretty darn hard and I know I can break it if I go at it even harder.

Has anyone removed the trim from this year and model (I seem loads of B6/B7 tailgate trim removal posts and videos, they are not relevant to my version)? Any advice appreciated.

thanks,

Albert

0 0 0

2. Re: Tailgate internal trim removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    If you do not have kind of tool to remove clips, you will have to pull hard, I did not damage anything when removing.

AUDI A4 B8 2.0TDI 2010 100kW CAGB

0 1 0

3. Re: Tailgate internal trim removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Pm me some email address i have this info in my message box, will forward this directly....lazy to upload pictures !

Ups, turbozob fixed issue already
    A48K5 2008 Retrofits: FL Taillights, Bixenon, Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster, ADS with button, MMI 3G & 3G+(With Street view) Other Stuff: Ecu tune, Front bumper valance "Rieger look", Sideskirts, VCDS mod, Interior leds, Basic sound to Audi SS + B/O sub/tweeters+activsub, Soundproofing,Tinted windows, Interior 6D carbon wrap, Painted calipers, 18" Wsp wheels Peeler style, FL gearknob, Efficiency prog via cluster & gateway flash...

0 1 0

4. Re: Tailgate internal trim removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the quick replies. I think the area near the trunk locking mechanism is just a little stiff. I found this video: How To Remove 2016 Q5 Lower Trim Panel On Rear Lift Gate To Replace Latch Handle - YouTube

It's not great as he moves around the camera a lot but it's the same trim type and once he has all the clips released the trim simply falls near the lock. I think I just need to pull downwards near the lock.

Also thanks for the diagrams, I think I am doing this as the diagram states.

0 0 0

5. Re: Tailgate internal trim removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    PS. If you have closing button for rear lid, you need to remove this also before trim!
    A48K5 2008 Retrofits: FL Taillights, Bixenon, Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster, ADS with button, MMI 3G & 3G+(With Street view) Other Stuff: Ecu tune, Front bumper valance "Rieger look", Sideskirts, VCDS mod, Interior leds, Basic sound to Audi SS + B/O sub/tweeters+activsub, Soundproofing,Tinted windows, Interior 6D carbon wrap, Painted calipers, 18" Wsp wheels Peeler style, FL gearknob, Efficiency prog via cluster & gateway flash...

0 0 0

6. Re: Tailgate internal trim removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnark100 View Post
    PS. If you have closing button for rear lid, you need to remove this also before trim!
    Sure, similar to the light that's also on the trim.

I finally managed to remove the trim, it was just a case of prying it off even harder than I was already, I was literally hanging from it when the final two clips released.

I now have to work out what stupidity I did to cause the wiper motor to leak, I think possibly I nudged the point where the motor links to the external wiper pivot. for sure it leaks fluid from inside the main reservoir when I spray the rear screen, fortunately it doesn't leak nearly as much as hits the screen so I think I jsut knocked something out of place which might be repairable. Otherwise a relatively simple but €100 new motor is the next step.

Learning on the job!

Thanks for everyones suggestions. I will post a picture of the actual internal of the trim for reference.

0 0 0

7. Re: Tailgate internal trim removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    http://i.imgur.com/67ldPzz.jpg - Trim once it was removed

0 0 0

8. Re: Tailgate internal trim removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Wow that really tight - I had to really yank on the top of the trim as its a tight fit between that and the side trim of the hatch. You can just about get a hand in to each top corner from inside the trim and try and disengage the top of the panel trim from the side strips as thats where it gets stuck. Once I did that it literally flew off and I had to catch it!

I hope my washer pipe works once I fit the new motor - the old one had rust in so thats why that had packed up - I dont fancy tracing that back to find the leak elsewhere...

0 0 0