Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Hi All
    Not sure if this has been asked before but I’m thinking of trading in my 2013 A6 245 tdi for an SQ7. Several dealers both locally and further afield seem to have launch cars with masses of extras on then ranging from around £73K up to £82K for what appear to be the same spec cars with only the colour and mileage differing.
    What I wanted to check is if there is anyone else who has made the jump from A6 to SQ7 and if so, what were their experiences. Also are there any potential issues that I should check with what were early SQ7s? Many thanks in advance.

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 to SQ7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Hi John,

Nice switch

Can't say I've made that switch but wife has A6 and I the Q7 - in fairness the size difference between them in length is an iPhone 6....granted it's a little wider but your parking experiences / problems will be no different.
    @Gyro was the first adopter on the forum of the SQ so should be able to answer any questions on early models but also @maxw has one now and will also be along I'm sure.

All the best with it

1 1 0

3. Re: A6 to SQ7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    I came from an X5 to the SQ7, so the jump in size wasn't that big to be honest...I did go from an S4 to a Q7 4L several years ago and that took a bit of getting used to, for instance in a multi storey car park during week one of ownership when I managed to dent/scrape one of the back doors as I tried to negotiate an up-ramp.

I picked up my SQ7 in October last year, having ordered on the day the order books opened, so it' must've been one of the first one the road. I can put my hand on my heart and say there hasn't been much go wrong with it apart from my occasional inability to understand the tech, and the whole VC disappearing momentarily a few weeks ago (fixed itself after a switch off then on again).

What I will say is that the car still puts a HUGE smile on my face every time I fire it up and drive it; it does turn heads a lot of the time (partly down the engine note I suspect).

Feel free to PM me any SQ-specific questions...
    MY17 SQ7, Sepang Blue, 22s, and lots of toys.
    MY16 Passat Bluemotion GT, Reflex Silver, 19s, only a few toys.

1 3 0

4. Re: A6 to SQ7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Had a few A6s, the last one being a 16 Avant BiTdi, and to be fair, the SQ7 didn't take much getting used to. Yes, it going to seem a bit bigger but you will quickly get used to it. Width is the main difference as the length isn't much difference. The Mrs prefers the SQ as it's higher - didn't get on with the A6 at all. Ah well, 2 boxes ticked there, then.
    Mine's been faultless since I picked it up in April and is a pleasure to drive. As Gyro said, some of the tech is a bit hard to figure out and I'm not using it to it's potential, but I suppose it's just a matter of committing some time to it to see what's what. The standard reversing camera has been very useful and I am glad it's there.
    You will not be disappointed if you swap, that's for sure!

1 0 0

5. Re: A6 to SQ7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    The big jump for me was going from a ford S-Max to a Q7 s-line 272 that I had a year and had loads of probs with it
    funny enough I could never judge the width of the s-max on a narrow road but can the q and sq7 no probs
    having rear wheel steering the q/sq7 have a much better turning curcle and makes a huge difference and said to handle better as well
    both cars had rear wheel steer so can't comment on difference with out
    one down side with the Q7 for me anyway is storage space apart from big door pockets very little room under center arm rest
    no little places to put coins no under floor storage and with Bose not much room under the floor in boot
    even less so with SQ7 as there is a quite big 48V battery for the turbo and active Audi roll

so in mid January enough was enough so order an SQ7 in Feb that I took del 27Th may so had it just over a month now

i test drove a SQ7 with high spec prob sim to what most dealers had as demo

audi seem to send out very sim spec cars to Audi dealers who wanted on as when I was looking about the spec was close to each other
    apart from odd things most even had rear seat entertainment but like you have pointed out the price different is 10k or more not sure why so different as miles spec age was all the same just dealers being greedy I guess

the one I test drove had active anti roll and sports diff package and sports diamond stitch seats extra to my Q7 so apart from the engine and power I could get a good idea what the active anti roll was like and also have that in my SQ7 as you can see by spec below

the Q7 was already nice to drive and comfy as already had air suspension but the active anti toll and sports diff drove night and day
    some times I wish I'd drove one with out this as was happy with the way the Q7 drove but what a difference
    the SQ7 with this is so planted stable hug the corners like nothing else
    the other day was going around a large roundabout under a duel carrageway and never tried this befor but I was doing 45 round this the car didn't lean or grumble I could of gone faster even but didn't want to

if you can get the sports package with active anti roll and sports diff do so
    its true if you not had some thing you won't miss it but to me it makes the car the SQ7 that it is otherwise really the SQ7 is just a faster louder Q7 but the active anti roll makes the SQ7 into a fast sports that handle great if you drove the SQ7 like a mad man i thing ud loose control with out the active anti roll as it's that good if you drive normal and just odd overtake burst from the lights with out anti roll would be fine but to me this makes it a true sports machine

other difference is the diamond stitch sports seats they do look nice if you like that sort of thing and there is extras and more comfy I think
    the extra are adjustable seat side bolster that is air adjustable and can ajust to hug you in the seat and hold you better and same with the back rest you can ajust the side bolster in to fit the size of you better when you switch off engine and open the doors they deflate to let you out better
    and the last difference is you can ajust the heat rest ford and backwards to me this was a huge thing I missed on the Q7 as have a bad neck
    but by adjusting it ford I can rest my head better

any other advice just as as you can see what spec I have and will gladly tell you what I think and thoughts
    and same going for anyone else who is thinking of buying a Q7 or SQ7

as for faults

twice I've selected reverse and rev camera not came up just blank mmi screen once engine of and back on it's fine now this happen once from new and once this weekend but funny enough I also had this on my Q7 so must be a software bug any one else had this?

and the other bugging one is when using active lane assist spec on duel carrageway and motorways you tend to just rest hands on wheel as such rather than Steer not that you even know your doing it
    i have the flat bottom steering wheel and often steer with my right hand on the flat bottom right side with one hand
    after a short time I keep getting a message on dash saying replace hands on steering wheel or lane assist will stop
    even though I have my hand on steering I could say it was me but last Q7 had same and same steering yet no warning
    dealer said I should drive with both hands ten to 2 lol yet old car was fine

GYRO you ever had this or any one else?

apart from that the cars great and as gyro says the sound and looks turn people heads
    when you drive past people you see there head turn then look in the rear view mirror and you can see them still looking

and again as gyro said your love it plant ya foot and feel the grin on ya face

one silly thing though if I drive the same routs that I did with 3L Q7 and can get same miles per gallon with the 4L SQ7 that I could with the Q7 and have got 42 MPG but once you plant ya foot you can watch the ave MPG drop
    on a mixed run and overtaking putting ya foot down and mixed driving you should get 32MPG Ave on a run

hope all this helps and also help others

M
    ​SQ7 MY17 Sepange Blue,Driving Dynamic Sports Pack,Tech Pack,Tour Pack,Park Pack,Amb Light,Pan Roof,22" V Spoke Wheels,Red Brake Cal,All Wheel Steer,Matrix Lights,Black Valcona Sports seat plus,Driver/Pass Mem,Heat/Sound Ins Glass,Heat screen,Black Upper Trim/Lower beaufort Black,Flat Sports Steer Wheel,Elec Aju Steering ,Elec Folding Mirrors Mem Heated Dim,Soft Door Close,Add Key,Load Fix,Bose Sound,Blinds,Audi Ring,Smoked Rear Lights

1 2 0

6. Re: A6 to SQ7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Thanks guys for the very helpful information. I think I've been convinced that it's a good move. I had the silly grin syndrome when I test drove both SQ7's and felt the performance and heard the noise, both were exactly the same spec but one was Tofana White and the other Sepang Blue. To be honest I think they look good in most of the colours and I currently have shortlisted four. These two and then another two in Glacier White and Floret Silver. Massive difference in price though, the Floret is the cheapest or maybe I should say least expensive and the Tofana is the most expensive.
    The spec is massive and includes the driving dynamics, advanced key, rear seat entertainment, parking with surround view, tour pack, towing pack, sports seats (the quilted ones), both front seats electric and memory, panoramic roof, electric steering column.... you name it it's on there (apart from the TV and soft door closure). Even the fuel consumption sounds good, I tend to do a lot of motorway and A road miles as I live in Devon but work in the Midlands for 3 weeks a month with a 90 mile daily round trip commute and then the visits home each month. All I have to do now is fully convince the Finance Committee. I still love my A6 but now coming up to 86K miles after just over 4 years I think it's time to change while she's still worth something (not a lot). Anyway thanks again for help and advice and I'll post some pics when I make the jump.

0 1 0

7. Re: A6 to SQ7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnEx View Post
    (apart from the TV and soft door closure).
    Don't worry about those...our resident Master RetroFit Agent Andy can sort that

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 to SQ7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Yeah I'm booked in lol
    ​SQ7 MY17 Sepange Blue,Driving Dynamic Sports Pack,Tech Pack,Tour Pack,Park Pack,Amb Light,Pan Roof,22" V Spoke Wheels,Red Brake Cal,All Wheel Steer,Matrix Lights,Black Valcona Sports seat plus,Driver/Pass Mem,Heat/Sound Ins Glass,Heat screen,Black Upper Trim/Lower beaufort Black,Flat Sports Steer Wheel,Elec Aju Steering ,Elec Folding Mirrors Mem Heated Dim,Soft Door Close,Add Key,Load Fix,Bose Sound,Blinds,Audi Ring,Smoked Rear Lights

0 0 0

9. Re: A6 to SQ7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo78 View Post
    Don't worry about those...our resident Master RetroFit Agent Andy can sort that
    With pleasure!

John - Congrats on the car buddy.. looking forward to the picoramas!!
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 1 0

10. Re: A6 to SQ7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnEx View Post
    Thanks guys for the very helpful information. I think I've been convinced that it's a good move. I had the silly grin syndrome when I test drove both SQ7's and felt the performance and heard the noise, both were exactly the same spec but one was Tofana White and the other Sepang Blue. To be honest I think they look good in most of the colours and I currently have shortlisted four. These two and then another two in Glacier White and Floret Silver. Massive difference in price though, the Floret is the cheapest or maybe I should say least expensive and the Tofana is the most expensive.
    The spec is massive and includes the driving dynamics, advanced key, rear seat entertainment, parking with surround view, tour pack, towing pack, sports seats (the quilted ones), both front seats electric and memory, panoramic roof, electric steering column.... you name it it's on there (apart from the TV and soft door closure). Even the fuel consumption sounds good, I tend to do a lot of motorway and A road miles as I live in Devon but work in the Midlands for 3 weeks a month with a 90 mile daily round trip commute and then the visits home each month. All I have to do now is fully convince the Finance Committee. I still love my A6 but now coming up to 86K miles after just over 4 years I think it's time to change while she's still worth something (not a lot). Anyway thanks again for help and advice and I'll post some pics when I make the jump.
    John. Do you have night vision?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast