Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Morning guys been a while since I've been on here😜
    Im looking at getting a 2014 63reg Jetta 2.0 tdi sport.... now after sending myself silly looking into vw's emission problems is this engine part of the recall process??? As looking at the tax rate on the car it's coming up at Ł115 a year?? I thought this car would fall into the much lower tax bracket.. ? Any advice on this would be appreciated 👍👍👍👍
    2006 tdi s jetta reflex silver

0 0 0

2. Re: Jetta 2.0 tdi worries🙄 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1813 Post(s)
    The emissions problem was nothing to do with the taxation class Co2 emissions, it was concerning NOX emissions which are nothing to do with tax. If VW tell you to have the recall done, ignore them no matter what they say and if the car has to go into a VW dealer for any reason, specifically forbid them from carrying out the recall on pain of death, it ruins the car.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 0 0

3. Re: Jetta 2.0 tdi worries🙄 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks crasher

.., I've phoned the dealer up this morning and they say that the car has had all recall work done���������� ..... would you like a test drive today sir...., think I will pass love������ the car has full history sir and comes with the das welt warranty for a year������ which I said what happens when the egr and dpf are fried after a year... that won't happen they said the update has improved the car now they said....... pass on that I think... gutted really vw have made a right balls up of there cars now��
    2006 tdi s jetta reflex silver

0 0 0

4. Re: Jetta 2.0 tdi worries🙄 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1813 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nc7503 View Post
    vw have made a right balls up of there cars now��
    It was their fault that the figures were massaged in the first place but the recall balls up was because the mejia and governments plus blood sucking flesh eating lawyers hounded them into a quick fix. If you consider that they had some 700 odd programs to re-write and perfect then some cockups were ineviatble if it was rushed, it should have just been left alone. The EGR units burnt out anyway before the remap, they were unfit for purpose in the first place.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Jetta 2.0 tdi worries🙄 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)
    Be careful as well when you take your car into the dealer. My neighbour took his q5 in for a satnav update this week and when he collected it they told him that they had done the emission recall. He's now moaning about mpg down. He's demanding it be put back to previous software.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

6. Re: Jetta 2.0 tdi worries🙄 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1813 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPPERJACK76 View Post
    He's demanding it be put back to previous software
    Audi won't be able to do that as the previous level software is not on the server, it will have to be done aftermarket. If they did this to my car I would lose the plot there and then!

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0