1. ABS fault cracked fuse my first forum fix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Had the dreaded ABS light on and off over last 2 weeks coming on with ignition randomly staying on between 1 and 5 journeys then going off .Doesn't seem to be any pattern to it except it only comes on at start of journey at ignition start and only goes out about 15 seconds into journey.Inspected the bonnet fuse and there's a fine crack so ordered a replacement. Don't know if it will solve the problem but got everything crossed. Many previous threads on here and had I not of joined up wouldn't of been any the wiser.Forums are a great source of info especially when you first buy a car and over many years have gained lots of knowledge on various cars but totally uneducated on your new purchase so thanks to all members new and old

0 0 0

2. Re: ABS fault cracked fuse my first forum fix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)
    It's a common problem. Replace the fuse. Then cross fingers. If it continues to blow then its likely to be the abs pump.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: ABS fault cracked fuse my first forum fix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    They have been cracking since the Polo 9N came out in 2002, I remember the first time I had one in with it. The car was just out of warranty and the dealer wanted £1K for a new pump and the owner asked me to take a look. I put that fix in my column in a now defunct magazine called "The Golf" in 2005 which feels like yesterday....
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: ABS fault cracked fuse my first forum fix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)
    I would be happy to continously replace the strip fuse. ...forever.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

5. Re: ABS fault cracked fuse my first forum fix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Well fuse came Saturday dinnertime fitted Saturday afternoon light went out when I drove off .stopped restarted car and drove off 5 or 6 times ABS light lit up at ignition check as expected but went straight out same again today so I think it's FIXED whoopee. It's an easy fix once aware that the fuse has cracked. Thanks all.

1 2 0

6. Re: ABS fault cracked fuse my first forum fix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Dug this off of a backup CD I had in my desk draw at home, it was dated 3/03/2004 which was just after my 40th birthday when Mother of Crasher bought me my first digital camera.

Notice how fuse 5 and 6 (ABS) are cracked (they are not always this clear), I can't remember the car but it must have been a petrol (no glow plug fuse at position 4) with AC (so probaly a 1.4) as the fan fuse (5) is also cracked, another common problem also on the Golf 4 V5/V6 and 150 TDI with the larger fan.

As the date sticker shows 07/02/02 the car can barely have been 2 years old so I can't think why I had it in?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0