1. FSH but people hate dealers.!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Bit of a paradox I have noticed many times.A lot of people dont like main dealers but would insist on FVWSH when buying a car.
    0 0 0

2. Talking Au contrere Rodney! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I know what you mean but as far as I'm concerned, I would consider a car with an independent dealer service history with far more credence than a main dealer one.
    My experience of "main dealer service" here in Hampshire is one of incomplete inaccurate records, shoddy workmanship and poor attention to detail coupled with sky high labour charges.
    Most of the main dealers seem more preoccupied with finding ever more elaborate ways of ravaging your wallet. They always gave me the impression that customers were a necessary embuggerance to be borne by the poor dealers.
    I was told by a main dealer that as I had used a non approved garage in which to have some parts replaced that the warranty therefore was invalid. I countered by asking them to supply me with that statement in writing as I believe it would represent a plus point when selling my vehicle on later.
    Not so with Audi though, although they were expensive on labour they were thorough.
    Gazza57
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Main dealers are the pox of the motor trade, when global warming floods the Earth they will be left out of my arc along with wasps and estate agents. They use the compunction of their franchise to get away with appalling service and trial and error workshop practice.

My worst experience so far has been with the Audi dealer in Blackburn, who employ some of the rudest, stupidest staff I have ever met. Their moronic reception staff managed to conspire with their workshop staff to deliver some of the most incompetent work I have ever suffered.
    0 0 0

4. Re: FSH but people hate dealers.!! Audi Finchley Poor Customer Service - ruined my car 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Here is my experience with Audi Finchley Road, London, NW3:

Jeremy Hicks
    Audi UK
    Yeomans Drive
    Blakelands
    Milton Keynes
    MK14 5AN

Case Ref:73255

Dear Mr. Hicks,

I need to bring to your attention a lack of service which I have received from Audi Finchley Road.

On 15 June 2007 I purchased an Audi Q7 and immediately upon taking delivery of the vehicle I noticed the tailgate would not close using the automatic boot closure system. I reported this to the supplying dealer, Audi Lincoln, who arranged to collect the vehicle and have it repaired.

The repairs were completed by Audi Lincoln however the fault was still present and upon first use the tailgate would still not close automatically. I reported this to Audi Lincoln and they advised me to take it to my local Audi centre being Finchley road.

The vehicle was booked in for the remedial work in mid-august and the vehicle was returned to me after a period of 3 days. However, on picking up the vehicle, I realised that the same fault was present and the following damage had been caused to the vehicle:

(1) Roof lining had been damaged and had a substantial amount of dirt on it;
    (2) Both airbag protection signs were hanging from the rear pillars;
    (3) The rear pillars had screwdriver marks on them where the airbag badges were hanging out; and
    (4) The protector covers on the hinges of the door were not fitted back to the vehicle and were left on the boot floor.

All these faults were reported to the service advisor, Rafiq, over the phone immediately. Furthermore, at the request of Rafiq, the vehicle was taken for inspection to the dealership by me the following day to be inspected by Audi Finchley.

The Q7 technician, Jerome, came to view the vehicle. He checked the vehicle and advised me that the fault was still present and he clearly stated that when their technicians were checking the motors in the roof they had obviously damaged and dirtied the roof lining and rear pillars and must have forgotten to replace the rear boot door hinge covers. I asked why the trim had not been attached and he could not say why that was but he did state that this was unacceptable service I had received from the dealer and that I should rebook the vehicle for the remedial work which now included fixing the damage mentioned above.

The vehicle was once again booked for the rectification work, with some additional remedial work that was required due to an issue with the steering wheel. I was advised the work had been completed and I duly went to collect my vehicle. I checked the work while I was with the dealer and the tailgate would still not operate. The damage mentioned above had not been rectified either and they had not fixed the issue with the steering wheel. Rafiq was lost for words and again called out Jerome. They attempted to fix the vehicle whilst I was waiting but, unsurprisingly, they were unable to correct this fault. I should highlight that they had not attempted to put right the damage described above and at this time claimed they had forgotten to carryout this additional rectification work.

I rebooked the vehicle in again and this time I spoke with Paul Mills, the Service Manager, who assured me that they would fix these issues and they would need further assistance from the Audi technical department. I waited another month as Paul Mills informed me that he could not get a positive response from the Audi technical department in relation to finding a solution for the automatic boot closure system. Finally, in November, I was informed that a software fix was now available. The vehicle was with the dealer for approximately one month and I was informed that all the faults on the vehicle had been fixed. The vehicle was delivered to me as the dealer wanted his courtesy vehicle back immediately. The vehicle was dropped of by a Toyota Jemca representative.

Upon testing the boot closure system, to my surprise, I once again found that the automated boot closure system was not working and I reported this to Rafiq. Furthermore, there was a stone chip / paint missing on the front bumper and this was also reported this to Rafiq and Paul Mills. At this time I informed the dealer that I was not able to take the vehicle to them as I was travelling abroad for ten days. I should also point out that the damage caused by the dealership mentioned above had not been fixed.

On my return, I was told by Justin Howard, head of business, very clearly that all the alleged damaged I had reported to them not been caused by them and if I wished to pursue this matter further I would need to take legal action against the dealership. As you may sympathise, I was shocked by his comments on the basis that I have had the vehicle for over 7 months and it has had a fault from the start which prevents the boot lid from being closed using the automatic boot closure system and I would also like to point out that due to the tension of the motors it is very difficult (impossible in the case of my wife) to close the boot lid manually. Furthermore, this saga has resulted in substantial damage to my vehicle and to resolve all these issues the dealer is now suggesting I take them to court having failed to resolve these issue amicably.

I am writing to you to inform you that I have purchased a £40k vehicle in good faith from an Audi Dealer. I would like to ask you or not you think I deserve a certain level of respect and customer service from your Audi Dealer network when I require service?

All I ask is that the issues with my vehicle be resolved. I read in the national press that Audi UK have won a recent award for the most improved customer service and I find this to be a great achievement and I genuinely hope that this service can be extended to myself.

I have also been communicating with Anthony (x63375) on the Audi customer services team and even he has been unable to get in touch with Paul Mills or Justin Howard for days and, in fact, he rang me to tell me that they do not return his calls. I have found that the Audi customer services department has not been helpful to me and they have stated that they are unable to assist me further with the issues I am having with the vehicle and the dealer. The case was escalated to Michelle Parmar without any positive outcome.

I do not wish to go down the legal route as it will be a costly and time consuming exercise for all parties concerned however from the lack of resolve I have received from the dealer network I seem to have exhausted all possibilities and pursuing the legal route seems to be my only option but I do hope it does not come to this and a solution can be found presumably by your intervention.

As the vehicle has effectively been unusable in terms of carrying any load, I would request you to reply to me within 7 days before I commence legal action against Audi Finchley Road. Finally, I would like to inform you that Auto Express Watchdog department has been sent all correspondence in relation to this case and they are the ones that suggested we write to you before taking legal action.

Yours sincerely,
    0 0 0