Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderboyant View Post
    So what was it with the etron to get them working? Just coding? So fog lights throw an error I take it?
    They didn't say there was an error with the fogs but the E-Trons were a coding issue

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    Some more pics of calibration

0 0 0

3. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    cool. So he gave up on taking it to the dealer for calibration?... Has the calibration been successful? I thought there was some radar stuff that needed to be done at the same time if you have ACC?

Also on the fog lights (all weather lights), reading SSP634 it states "In models equipped with xenon headlights, the onboard power supply control unit J519 activates the gas discharge lamps and the lamps for the fog lights via discrete lines. In addition, J519 provides for a supply of voltage via discrete lines and for communication with the L/H and R/H control units for light control J1018/J1023 via a sub-bus system."

Makes me think there might be a difference in the wiring...

0 0 0

4. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    that's strange.... I know there are "parameter" sets for the headlight controllers as they are available with VAG CAN Pro (VCP). In the ZIP they have the following flash files:

Q7_4M0907379AC_AD_LED_MXB_LEFT.flash
    Q7_4M0907379AC_AD_LED_MXB_RIGHT.flash
    Q7_4M0907379AC_AD_LED_USA_LEFT.flash
    Q7_4M0907379AC_AD_LED_USA_RIGHT.flash
    Q7_4M0907379AC_AD_XENON_EU_LEFT.flash
    Q7_4M0907379AC_AD_XENON_EU_RIGHT.flash
    Q7_4M0907379AC_AD_XENON_USA_LEFT.flash
    Q7_4M0907379AC_AD_XENON_USA_RIGHT.flash

As your lights are brand new, they might indeed need these new MXB "parameters"? Does the installer have VCP?
    Response I got back;

"We have VGP but with this you need online parametres for Matrix with E-Tron.*

VCP offers Parametrisation for Xenon and Full Led which is not what you have."

0 0 0

5. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Looking in ElsaWIN, the Matrix headlights have a special calibration tool - VAS 5209B- or VAS 621 001. I don't know whether the approach above will work but will be interested to see whether it does? I know you used to use a similar pattern to calibrate the rear view camera on older Audi'sie Q7 4L (the pattern was placed flat on the ground at the back of the car and a certain distance from the wheels and the calibration test was run from ODIS - no online access required)

0 0 0

6. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    They will then need to connect to ODIS online and run a validation of the lights which should see they are missing the parametrization data and then download it to the control modules.

I'm sure VCP can get this info if they ask...

0 0 0

7. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Looking in ElsaWIN, the Matrix headlights have a special calibration tool - VAS 5209B- or VAS 621 001. I don't know whether the approach above will work but will be interested to see whether it does? I know you used to use a similar pattern to calibrate the rear view camera on older Audi'sie Q7 4L (the pattern was placed flat on the ground at the back of the car and a certain distance from the wheels and the calibration test was run from ODIS - no online access required)
    Looking again at those tools, they just provide an "angle" value that you then manually add to ODIS that feeds it back into J519 (controller) that then most probably feeds into the headlight control modules..

0 0 0

8. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Its because the low/dipped beam still have "cut-offs" to stop blinding on coming traffic. Nothing to do with high beam I think. google images of headlight shutter patterns and you will see. with LHD lights, the shutter pattern will block out on the left hand light which wont help oncoming traffic which is what it's purpose it.

0 0 0

9. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    AAh, that is VAS 6430 calibration board for the A5 camera. I believe it also needs to be calibrated as you need to code it for Matrix Headlights.

0 0 0

10. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    AAh, that is VAS 6430 calibration board for the A5 camera. I believe it also needs to be calibrated as you need to code it for Matrix Headlights.
    He did say to me "the A5 camera adaptations R242 is stopping us from adapting the headlights."

Last edited by Tezargh; 23-03-2018 at 03:53 PM.

0 0 0

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast