1. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Great work Booba! B&O factory looms in.. wow , credit!

As Spyder said.. did you have to change Datasets on B&O amp etc? What about coding to 5F etc? Did you do it all yourself comparing against a factory B&O Q7?

Cheers!

Andy
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

2. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Hey Andy, yeah i had to cut open a loom that i got from the motherland to carefully extract all the b&o cabling, fortunately i already had bose so most bus was already in the back and the other wire was the diagnostics purple/green wire. I got access to this from the original bose connection. I have to give credit to my mate gerard who did the trim removal and did the b&o grill extraction from the donor car. There is a factory method of renewing the grills by drilling them out and then using a 3.5mm screw.

As for the dataset, i don't believe that i needed them as i switched on the car right after i got all speakers hooked up and the system started working immediately with no errors in 5f. i did only have the left speakers working due to CP, this was resolved once CP was removed. I would imagine that datasets are required if going from a non bose audio vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by andyhud007 View Post
    Great work Booba! B&O factory looms in.. wow , credit!

As Spyder said.. did you have to change Datasets on B&O amp etc? What about coding to 5F etc? Did you do it all yourself comparing against a factory B&O Q7?

Cheers!

Andy

0 0 0

3. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by booba View Post
    Hey Andy, yeah i had to cut open a loom that i got from the motherland to carefully extract all the b&o cabling, fortunately i already had bose so most bus was already in the back and the other wire was the diagnostics purple/green wire. I got access to this from the original bose connection. I have to give credit to my mate gerard who did the trim removal and did the b&o grill extraction from the donor car. There is a factory method of renewing the grills by drilling them out and then using a 3.5mm screw.

As for the dataset, i don't believe that i needed them as i switched on the car right after i got all speakers hooked up and the system started working immediately with no errors in 5f. i did only have the left speakers working due to CP, this was resolved once CP was removed. I would imagine that datasets are required if going from a non bose audio vehicle.

Hey Booba,

you wouldnt happen to have matrix lights and steel springs (ie no air suspension) would you? Going to retrofit as well but want to double check the coding for J519 [BCM1] and J393 [BCM2]

On a side note, I had to update my dataset in J519 to get the correct menu's for ambient lighting. All working now thanks to VCP... Strange that there is a default setting on J519 which isn't compatible with q7.

cheers
    A

0 0 0

4. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Hey mate, that's good news on the ambient lighting. sorry, i have air suspension and matrix. Was ambient lighting hard to retrofit? how many parts needed changing and were most of the light modules able to be purchased separately? I have ambient but i have a mate who has considered it for a while.

These are the options that i have, bose now b&o

Head-Up Display
    Ambient Lighting Package
    Sports Frt Seats-Valcona Lthr
    S Line Pk Matrix / 21' 5-Arm
    All Wheel Steering
    Adaptive Air Suspension
    Tow Bar
    Panoramic Glass Roof
    Sunblinds Manual
    Heated Front & Rear Seats
    Privacy Glass
    Inlays-Sono/Oak Grey
    Black Headlining
    BOSE 3D Surround Sound
    Audi Smart Tablet x 2
    Phone Box Light
    Assistance Package w/ACC
    4-Zone Climate Control

Quote Originally Posted by spyderboyant View Post
    Hey Booba,

you wouldnt happen to have matrix lights and steel springs (ie no air suspension) would you? Going to retrofit as well but want to double check the coding for J519 [BCM1] and J393 [BCM2]

On a side note, I had to update my dataset in J519 to get the correct menu's for ambient lighting. All working now thanks to VCP... Strange that there is a default setting on J519 which isn't compatible with q7.

cheers
    A

0 0 0

5. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Maaate,

thats quite a spec'd up car. Did you order it new or did you get is second hand? You rarely see rear heated seats or sublinds or all wheel steering. I dont know how you would get on in BNE with heated seats ;-)

Damn, I have 20+ q7 4M VCDS scans and only one, a retrofit, with Matrix and steel springs!

I wasn't going to go down the ambient lighting path but Andy suggested it as he likes it. There is quite a bit of work and lots of pieces. The biggest PITA is the fact you cannot get the ambient background strips for the doors (and the wiring diagrams and factory info are cryptic - but I sorted all that out now).You need to purchase new doors cards $$$. Having said that I have shaped some perspex rods in their place and they work fine (not as good as the original however). I have the silver top/dark silver bottom trim and have just got some brushed aluminium trim so will be selling quite a bit of the ambient lighting with the silver finish so if your mate is interested let me know. He will need:

a. Drivers vent with light strip. RHD variant
    b. passenger AC vent with light strip - expensive. RHD variant (I bought a LHD ambient from ebay.de and RHD standard LED ebay.co.uk and swapped the LEDs) *** Note LEDs are internally numbered. You need the correct ones for J519 to send colour info to them! They are on a LIN BUS
    c. Light strips for side of centre console (they fit into existing centre console). Need to purchase
    d) top centre console with light strip and RGB LED. RHD variant required (I'll be selling one of these - silver colour)
    e) back light strip for back of centre console (I'll be selling this with above)
    f) exit warning door panels (x4) << If you have exit warning/side assist you already have the correct ones.
    g) 4 x LEDs for exit warning strip (I'll be selling 2 of these)
    h) 4 x RGB LEDs for door ambient/background lighting (I'll be selling 4)
    i) 4 x makeshift perspex rods to go into door for above LEDs (I'll be selling 4 of these)
    J) Vag Can Pro (VCP) to download updates to dataset to J519 to instuct 5F on ambient light settings for Q7 4M (Yes J519 tells 5F over CAN). Once I updated my dataset on J519 the menu changed in 5F to the correct one!

then the looms..... Power for lights and also LIN bus come from J519 at bottom of passengar a-pillar. This needs to be run around car.. since you did B&O it shouldnt be that difficult.

0 0 0

6. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Thinking about it I might have a scan from a 65 plate Passat Alltrack that had the VW equivalent matrix led headlights. Would this help?

0 0 0

7. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Milesunder View Post
    Thinking about it I might have a scan from a 65 plate Passat Alltrack that had the VW equivalent matrix led headlights. Would this help?
    Thanks mate! Yes please. That would really help.

Cheers.

Andy.
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

8. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Cool, how do I get it over to you?

0 0 0

9. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    I bought it "ex demo" mid 2016, it wasn't an actual demo as it was the dealer principles car. sunblinds are especially rare, i haven't seen them on any other q7. Heated seats are quite good in BNE for the colder days, you wouldn't think it but i love them.

Thanks for the great info on the ambient lighting, i will pass this onto a mate unless he reads this on here as he may be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderboyant View Post
    Maaate,

thats quite a spec'd up car. Did you order it new or did you get is second hand? You rarely see rear heated seats or sublinds or all wheel steering. I dont know how you would get on in BNE with heated seats ;-)

Damn, I have 20+ q7 4M VCDS scans and only one, a retrofit, with Matrix and steel springs!

I wasn't going to go down the ambient lighting path but Andy suggested it as he likes it. There is quite a bit of work and lots of pieces. The biggest PITA is the fact you cannot get the ambient background strips for the doors (and the wiring diagrams and factory info are cryptic - but I sorted all that out now).You need to purchase new doors cards $$$. Having said that I have shaped some perspex rods in their place and they work fine (not as good as the original however). I have the silver top/dark silver bottom trim and have just got some brushed aluminium trim so will be selling quite a bit of the ambient lighting with the silver finish so if your mate is interested let me know. He will need:

a. Drivers vent with light strip. RHD variant
    b. passenger AC vent with light strip - expensive. RHD variant (I bought a LHD ambient from ebay.de and RHD standard LED ebay.co.uk and swapped the LEDs) *** Note LEDs are internally numbered. You need the correct ones for J519 to send colour info to them! They are on a LIN BUS
    c. Light strips for side of centre console (they fit into existing centre console). Need to purchase
    d) top centre console with light strip and RGB LED. RHD variant required (I'll be selling one of these - silver colour)
    e) back light strip for back of centre console (I'll be selling this with above)
    f) exit warning door panels (x4) << If you have exit warning/side assist you already have the correct ones.
    g) 4 x LEDs for exit warning strip (I'll be selling 2 of these)
    h) 4 x RGB LEDs for door ambient/background lighting (I'll be selling 4)
    i) 4 x makeshift perspex rods to go into door for above LEDs (I'll be selling 4 of these)
    J) Vag Can Pro (VCP) to download updates to dataset to J519 to instuct 5F on ambient light settings for Q7 4M (Yes J519 tells 5F over CAN). Once I updated my dataset on J519 the menu changed in 5F to the correct one!

then the looms..... Power for lights and also LIN bus come from J519 at bottom of passengar a-pillar. This needs to be run around car.. since you did B&O it shouldnt be that difficult.

0 0 0

10. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by booba View Post
    I bought it "ex demo" mid 2016, it wasn't an actual demo as it was the dealer principles car. sunblinds are especially rare, i haven't seen them on any other q7. Heated seats are quite good in BNE for the colder days, you wouldn't think it but i love them.

Thanks for the great info on the ambient lighting, i will pass this onto a mate unless he reads this on here as he may be interested.
    No worries. That was a cool spec'd car. I purchased mine May 2016 and was an ex-dealer car also with 4-zone AC, Audi tablets (pretty rare), LED lights, 200Kw, assistance package. Was just missing ambient lighting, Bose and Matrix lights.

I have retrofitted:
    1) ambient lighting now but need to install the illuminated door sills (I have some of these to sell as well ;-) ) and door handle apron lighting
    2) Phone Box (wireless charging)
    3) BOSE - 50% - going to re-run cabling as was using the standard cabling going to MBI2 but hard to troubleshoot. Need to remove headliner and cut holes for speaker grilles and install the grilles.
    4) chipped - 240Kw

To be done:
    1) Night Vision (have parts. Controller installed under passenger seat. Just need to install camera - will do with Matrix Lights).
    2) Matrix Lights (have lights, wiring done except for front sensor to J393 - have parts and front left LWR sensor installed)
    3) HUD (have dash and HUD)
    4) Soft close doors. (have parts - need to install)

Would love:
    Massage seats with venting... but where do you stop. Maybe B&O ;-)

0 0 0

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast