Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    @Tezargh,

What did you end up paying to get those massage/ventilated seats and shipping? I am pretty keen. Its amazing as most seat parts are now replaceable but its obviously cheaper to get some second hand ones and the new AC controller for the vent control

0 0 0

2. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderboyant View Post
    @Tezargh,

What did you end up paying to get those massage/ventilated seats and shipping? I am pretty keen. Its amazing as most seat parts are now replaceable but its obviously cheaper to get some second hand ones and the new AC controller for the vent control
    2.5k for seats (2 front and middle row seats included) 2k for shipping roughly, it was a giant crate

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tezargh View Post
    2.5k for seats (2 front and middle row seats included) 2k for shipping roughly, it was a giant crate

Wow. And then you had to buy the new controllers for the ventilation as well. Second row heated I take it? You have 4 zone AC?

So, have they figured out the last error yet??

0 0 0

4. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderboyant View Post
    Wow. And then you had to buy the new controllers for the ventilation as well. Second row heated I take it? You have 4 zone AC?

So, have they figured out the last error yet??
    Nope it came with the ac controller. They are working on the errors and sensor today so hopefully will have an answer by tomorrow

Oh and no the 2nd row didn't have heating even though it stated it on there website that they were but they just refunded me some money back due to their error, I would have not bought the 2nd row seats had I known but then again these were perforated and my originals weren't so wouldn't have matched the front seats

0 0 0

5. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Hey,

Whats the update for the end of this week? Did they get the Matrix light error sorted?

0 0 0

6. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    It works! They got the lights and everything to work, check out video
    https://www.facebook.com/EuroCarUpgr...5503460934351/

0 1 0

7. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Some good news finally - that's awesome to hear!

So when are you picking it up Tezargh?

It'd be good to get a sense for what each of the upgrades/retrofits has cost, including parts cost, shipping and installation labour so that people who have interest in some of these things have a sense for costings. Can you provide some indication Tezargh?

1 0 0

8. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    I want him to test the car for at least a few days to make sure no errors pop up and then I'll have the car sent back.

I will get a list of bits and pieces and let you know but at the same time I'm afraid to calculate it...

0 0 0

9. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Martin looked tired ;-) I love the... "I will fit anything but not Matrix" headlights LOL

What was the last sensor related error? You went from standard Bi-xenon to LED Matrix correct?. I have standard LED and am going to put in the Matrix headlights but not Etron. I will test them on top of the existing ones for errors.

Re LHD and RHD variants, it has nothing to do with the Matrix high beam as its to do with the low beams and them having LHD or RHD "physical" cutoffs to stop blinding on coming traffic. Its funny with the new Q7 that they didn't use the 4M1 for LHD and the 4M2 for RHD codes. Most probably not wanting people to retrofit them I guess.

For those out there wanting to install Etron signature lights, you need new headlight controllers unless you have 2016+ headlights. You also need to get new headlights that have the two pins from the external headlight plug to the headlight controller through the headlight housing. Unfortunately if your headlight is missing these two wires you will need to (a) pull your headlight apart to add them - very difficult (b) drill a hole through the cover for the headlight controller and manually add them. Seal the hole with silicon. Re coding, I don't know but its interesting that Tezargh's installer needed some Russians to do it remotely. Makes me think it could be a dataset thing or an adaption channel that needs a security code?!??!. I suppose someone that has an etron would be able to provide the adaption channels and coding for J519 and the headlight controller that drives the Etrons.

0 0 0

10. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Any update on those costings Tezargh?

Loving being back in the Q7?

0 0 0