Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tezargh View Post
    Haven't got it back yet :'( had to return 2 sets of matrix lights, 1st set was for 2015 model and was not compatible with the E-Tron lights, 2nd set was for left hand drive and Audi by law said they were not aloud to calibrate it and now I'm waiting on the delivery of the 3rd set which is rhd... I'm dying.
    Wow - what an ordeal!! You're a very patient man!

Sounds like the car will have been off the road for 6 months when all said and done?

0 0 0

2. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tezargh View Post
    Hey does anyone have matrix lights from factory, the installer can't seem to get the fog lights to turn on on the actual headlight, was wondering if I could copy your code?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Hey, interesting read! Did you get the installers to see whether VAG Can Pro might be able to see whether LHD or RHD is a dataset in the light controllers? If such, they should be able to change them between LHD and RHD. It might however not be possible as it may be a physical thing. What you need to remember with headlights is that for the low-beam, it needs to be focused such on-coming traffic won't be blinded yet you have sufficient illumination in front of you. With the old bi-xenon lights on the Q7 4L, it was a shutter that had a cutaway that blocked the beam from blinding on coming traffic. High-beam was the shutter flapping up and not blocking any of the beam. Its interesting with Matrix LED lights in that Audi claim that

XENON HEadlight - Main beam Changes over dipped beam using shutter
    LED Headlight: Adaptation for driving on the opposite side of the road: It is not necessary to adapt the headlights. No further action is needed in order to meet the statutory requirements.
    LED Matrix: SAME as LED Headlight..

Having said that, I think when the low-beam is on, I can see a shutter pattern (ie beam cuts away on the right hand light to not blind oncoming traffic).

0 0 0

3. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderboyant View Post
    Hey, interesting read! Did you get the installers to see whether VAG Can Pro might be able to see whether LHD or RHD is a dataset in the light controllers? If such, they should be able to change them between LHD and RHD. It might however not be possible as it may be a physical thing. What you need to remember with headlights is that for the low-beam, it needs to be focused such on-coming traffic won't be blinded yet you have sufficient illumination in front of you. With the old bi-xenon lights on the Q7 4L, it was a shutter that had a cutaway that blocked the beam from blinding on coming traffic. High-beam was the shutter flapping up and not blocking any of the beam. Its interesting with Matrix LED lights in that Audi claim that

XENON HEadlight - Main beam Changes over dipped beam using shutter
    LED Headlight: Adaptation for driving on the opposite side of the road: It is not necessary to adapt the headlights. No further action is needed in order to meet the statutory requirements.
    LED Matrix: SAME as LED Headlight..

Having said that, I think when the low-beam is on, I can see a shutter pattern (ie beam cuts away on the right hand light to not blind oncoming traffic).
    Our argument with Audi was "isn't the purpose of the matrix lights is to avoid blinding oncoming traffic anyway" but they wouldn't budge on their decision. my installer tried to change the Dataset but couldn't do it, said needed new housing for the lights or something along those lines. Im really over it and just want the car back but at the same time I really want matrix lights as they make the car quite sexy and give it that aggressive look and also where I live it would come in handy.

0 0 0

4. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Any further update Tezargh?

Hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel (pardon the pun!).

0 0 0

5. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    Im still in the tunnel. Waiting for Matrix lights order to come through

0 0 0

6. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Hopefully they'll arrive soon and you'll be back on the road enjoying your Q7 again.

Please keep us updated with how you get on!

1 1 0

7. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlisterB View Post
    Hopefully they'll arrive soon and you'll be back on the road enjoying your Q7 again.

Please keep us updated with how you get on!
    Will post photos Immediately once I get it back, cheers!

0 0 0

8. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

0 0 0

9. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlisterB View Post
    Still waiting for Matrix lights to come, I was told they were meant to come this week but haven't heard anything back from them

1 0 0

10. Re: Matrix headlight upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Hopefully they turn up soon Tezargh!

Is the vehicle still up in Maroochydore?

1 1 0

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast